Software to make backup of my movie DVDs?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
May 15, 2004 9:51:47 AM

I have Nero and Alcohol 120%. I tried to make a backup of one of my DVD
movies, to a DVD+R disk. Both programs gave an error message saying that
the media is copyrighted, is using CSS protection, and the software is not
capable of successfully copying/dumping this format. I thought Nero and
Alcohol had the ability to bypass copy protection schemes? Of course, I am
only trying to make backups of my private DVD movie collection, not to make
multiple copies or sell them. I just don't want to have to go pay another
$25.00 if the disk gets scratched.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 15, 2004 5:44:13 PM

Jim Caldwell wrote:
> I have Nero and Alcohol 120%. I tried to make a backup of one of my DVD
> movies, to a DVD+R disk. Both programs gave an error message saying that
> the media is copyrighted, is using CSS protection, and the software is not
> capable of successfully copying/dumping this format. I thought Nero and
> Alcohol had the ability to bypass copy protection schemes? Of course, I am
> only trying to make backups of my private DVD movie collection, not to make
> multiple copies or sell them. I just don't want to have to go pay another
> $25.00 if the disk gets scratched.

Get a copy of DVD Shrink. It's top rated, easy to use, and free.
http://www.dvdshrink.org/
Here's a good tutorial.
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdbackup
a b B Homebuilt system
May 15, 2004 5:50:40 PM

tomcas wrote:
> Jim Caldwell wrote:
>
>> I have Nero and Alcohol 120%. I tried to make a backup of one of my DVD
>> movies, to a DVD+R disk. Both programs gave an error message saying that
>> the media is copyrighted, is using CSS protection, and the software is
>> not
>> capable of successfully copying/dumping this format. I thought Nero and
>> Alcohol had the ability to bypass copy protection schemes? Of course,
>> I am
>> only trying to make backups of my private DVD movie collection, not to
>> make
>> multiple copies or sell them. I just don't want to have to go pay another
>> $25.00 if the disk gets scratched.
>>

> Get a copy of DVD Shrink. It's top rated, easy to use, and free.
> http://www.dvdshrink.org/
> Here's a good tutorial.
> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdbackup

http://www.dvdshrink.info/fulldisk_basic.php
excellent guide
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 12, 2004 9:06:00 AM

Hey chief all you need is a little program called AnyDVD. It bypasses
all the CSS Protection stuff and I just happen to know where you can
download it. Are you familiar with BitTorrents? I hope so. Go to
www.suprnova.org and you can get it from there. I just downloaded it
and it works with Nero, CloneDVD, DVD to DVD Copy and any other
software that supports DVD burning. It's wonderful:)  Let me know
how it turns out.