Am I flat outa luck?

I want a two joystick configuration.
I can't find any double joysticks cards for my PC. Anyone have any ideas?
Or - BETTER:
I've a BEAUTIFUL USB Gavis ELiminator but I think thta, as a USB device, it
simply ain't gonna happen with MAME? Are there any electronic modifications
that could be made to it so thta when it was hooked up, the game ctronl
panel showed 2 sepearate joysticks (as MAME expect) instead of a single
gravis eliminator - which MAME has no clue about.

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Carl Grossman wrote:
> I want a two joystick configuration.
> I can't find any double joysticks cards for my PC. Anyone have any ideas?
> Or - BETTER:
> I've a BEAUTIFUL USB Gavis ELiminator but I think thta, as a USB device, it
> simply ain't gonna happen with MAME? Are there any electronic modifications
> that could be made to it so thta when it was hooked up, the game ctronl
> panel showed 2 sepearate joysticks (as MAME expect) instead of a single
> gravis eliminator - which MAME has no clue about.

If its MAME32 it will work with USB. You have a couple of options

1) A couple of USB joysticks
2) I USB joystick and one serial
3) get another serial card for you PC and have 2 serial cards

In MAME32 you have to calibrate your joystick in windows first, but it
will be recognised, and I am pretty sure that XMAME works with USB
joysticks too...

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

Despite all prevention efforts, "Carl Grossman" <cheezeface@aol.com>
wrote in news:Ry5we.1340$dz6.572@trnddc02:

> I want a two joystick configuration.
> I can't find any double joysticks cards for my PC. Anyone have any
> ideas? Or - BETTER:
> I've a BEAUTIFUL USB Gavis ELiminator but I think thta, as a USB
> device, it simply ain't gonna happen with MAME? Are there any
> electronic modifications that could be made to it so thta when it was
> hooked up, the game ctronl panel showed 2 sepearate joysticks (as MAME
> expect) instead of a single gravis eliminator - which MAME has no clue
> about.

Not sure why you started a new thread, but anyway... See my comments in
the other one and consider getting a newer release of MAME than 0.31.1.
What you're trying to do works just fine for me with the same gamepad.

--
Slor

MCR wrote:
> Carl Grossman wrote:
>
>> I want a two joystick configuration.
>> I can't find any double joysticks cards for my PC. Anyone have any
>> ideas?
>> Or - BETTER:
>> I've a BEAUTIFUL USB Gavis ELiminator but I think thta, as a USB
>> device, it simply ain't gonna happen with MAME? Are there any
>> electronic modifications that could be made to it so thta when it was
>> hooked up, the game ctronl panel showed 2 sepearate joysticks (as MAME
>> expect) instead of a single gravis eliminator - which MAME has no clue
>> about.
>>

> If its MAME32 it will work with USB. You have a couple of options
>
> 1) A couple of USB joysticks
> 2) I USB joystick and one serial
> 3) get another serial card for you PC and have 2 serial cards
>
> In MAME32 you have to calibrate your joystick in windows first, but it
> will be recognised, and I am pretty sure that XMAME works with USB
> joysticks too...

4) Get a splitter (http://tinyurl.com/c6v2y) and two regular joysticks.
You can usually pick up the original 'Gravis Analog' Joysticks at a
second-hand store . They are /very/ comfortable to use and as tough as
my wife's bread. <DUCK>

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

serration@phytotomy.unhuskedf.gov
diffusibleness@buteoninee.org
noncommercial@unchivalricp.to
slimsy@yellowcrown.drakonitex.com
furuncular@turnouto.sn

The problem is this - when I have the gravis installed, and "enable
joystick" option is grayed out. I am assuming that's because the gaming
controls panel no longer shows "joystick connected" but, instead, shows
"gravis device" connected and mame see it.

As for getting a later version of mame than my 0.31.1 - I HAVE one but the
cheats there are insantely difficult for me to figure out, whereas in 0.31,
they are duck soup. If someone could help me with that, I might try the
later vresion and see if it matters.
thanks for the attempted hlep. Mayb it will work.