Zalman says it will fit on my mobo so all i need to do is order it.

Is cool to as it will put on a Amd 64 bit board as well as that will
prob be my next pc this cooler will go along with me as well.

So if you have one is it quiet, i saw a review at www.frostytech.com
and they say it is, top 5 infact.

If you have one let me know what you think of it thanks as i realy
need to quiet my pc down, heatpipe cooler already order for the
Vidcard, northbridge heatsink got but not installed.

Thanks.

Lou

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:e4ola01qredvnfko1s6pcmur86eiu81cvi@4ax.com...

> Anyone Got a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu looking at buying one recomendations
> ?
>

> Just looking for a quiet cooler and all the reviews says it is, and
> Zalman says it will fit on my mobo so all i need to do is order it.
>
> Is cool to as it will put on a Amd 64 bit board as well as that will
> prob be my next pc this cooler will go along with me as well.
>
> So if you have one is it quiet, i saw a review at www.frostytech.com
> and they say it is, top 5 infact.
>
> If you have one let me know what you think of it thanks as i realy
> need to quiet my pc down, heatpipe cooler already order for the
> Vidcard, northbridge heatsink got but not installed.
>
> Thanks.

I got one on an Athlon 64 3400. It has the Zalman fan speed adjuster on so
you can run the fan as slow and quiet or fast (and louder) for more cooling.
The noise depends on how high you are willing to run the CPU temp for
quietness. Quiet is a bit of a relative term because what a quiet PC builder
considers is loud might seem quiet to an Overclocking PC builder with a ton
of fans. IMHO the Zalman HSF can cool an Athlon 64 (no overclocking) at
acceptable temps and run very quiet. I built a few quiet PCs and what I call
quiet is a PC that is as loud as a VCR in play mode. My wife's PC is so
quiet that without looking at the screen, you wouldn't know that its on.
Different CPU have different operating temps, or are measured by the MB to
be different. My P4 2.2Ghz PC ran 40c max under load with stock fan and my
old Athlon 1.2 ghz ran at 65c with its stock fan.

Right now I have the Zalman fan on the Athlon 64 adjusted at 1835rpm. Any
higher and the fan gets loud enough to hear with the case cover on (I have a
lot of sound dampening material in the case) although its still fairly
quiet. At this rpm its quiet and cools the CPU under load to about 49c max,
and 38 at idle. The max speed is 2450 and its what I would call loud (but
it probably not much louder than a stock fan would be) and it only cools it
to about 47c.
The slowest speed is 1400rpm and the fan is very quiet and the CPU runs
about 55c under load and 42c at idle.
This all depends on the room temp (72F for me) and the airflow through the
case.
A very good Site and Forum for quiet PC building is at:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/
although some of the quiet product reviews are not up to date.

BTW I use Coolmax PS 400w (model CX-400) with 120mm bottom fan and it very
quiet.

Good luck,
Lou

Yeah a PSU quiet one would be my next thing, though that depends how
noisy it is, my CPU fan drowns out anything :) need the new Cooler
fitted to figure out whats next :0

Thanks.

message news:h2npa0ta5v837et4a7d6r1dom494ajkn8n@4ax.com...

> Yeah a PSU quiet one would be my next thing, though that depends how
> noisy it is, my CPU fan drowns out anything :) need the new Cooler
> fitted to figure out whats next :0
>
> Thanks.

Yes, the PC can only be as quiet as the noisiest part so thats the way I
started by changing the loudest part first.
Lou

Apollo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:h2npa0ta5v837et4a7d6r1dom494ajkn8n@4ax.com...

> Yeah a PSU quiet one would be my next thing, though that depends how
> noisy it is, my CPU fan drowns out anything :) need the new Cooler
> fitted to figure out whats next :0

Stay away from Vantec stealth psu, I got one - it's not quiet even on the
lowest fan setting. It does give me excellent voltage stability though, the
+5v shows 4.97 - 5.03 in mbm5 after around 10 hours running at full load.
That's the only reason I haven't bothered changing it.

--
Ian

Lou

"Apollo" <REMOVEMEian_dunbar6@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
> message news:h2npa0ta5v837et4a7d6r1dom494ajkn8n@4ax.com...
> >
> > Yeah a PSU quiet one would be my next thing, though that depends how
> > noisy it is, my CPU fan drowns out anything :) need the new Cooler
> > fitted to figure out whats next :0
> >

> Stay away from Vantec stealth psu, I got one - it's not quiet even on the
> lowest fan setting. It does give me excellent voltage stability though,
the
> +5v shows 4.97 - 5.03 in mbm5 after around 10 hours running at full load.
> That's the only reason I haven't bothered changing it.
>
> --
> Ian

I have read articles about changing the PSU fan to a quiet one. You have to
know that the fan you are replacing it with will be quieter though. Pabst
fans are quiet, but expensive. Most fans that I have bought that claim to be
quiet on the box turn out to be noisy, even when run at slow speed. The
Vantec Stealth 120mm fan I got claimed to be 80% quieter, but I considered
it noisy.
If you do try opening the PSU then first unplug the power cord and turn on
the PC to drain the PSU because it can still hold a charge.

Lou

I was thinking of getting the Zalman PSU 400 watt one all the reviews
says it quiet, though my PSU is pretty quiet already :)

On Sun, 23 May 2004 18:37:20 -0700, "Lou" <no-spam@sonic.net> wrote:

>"Apollo" <REMOVEMEian_dunbar6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
>> message news:h2npa0ta5v837et4a7d6r1dom494ajkn8n@4ax.com...
>> >
>> > Yeah a PSU quiet one would be my next thing, though that depends how
>> > noisy it is, my CPU fan drowns out anything :) need the new Cooler
>> > fitted to figure out whats next :0
>> >

>> Stay away from Vantec stealth psu, I got one - it's not quiet even on the
>> lowest fan setting. It does give me excellent voltage stability though,
>the
>> +5v shows 4.97 - 5.03 in mbm5 after around 10 hours running at full load.
>> That's the only reason I haven't bothered changing it.
>>
>> --
>> Ian
>>

>I have read articles about changing the PSU fan to a quiet one. You have to
>know that the fan you are replacing it with will be quieter though. Pabst
>fans are quiet, but expensive. Most fans that I have bought that claim to be
>quiet on the box turn out to be noisy, even when run at slow speed. The
>Vantec Stealth 120mm fan I got claimed to be 80% quieter, but I considered
>it noisy.
>If you do try opening the PSU then first unplug the power cord and turn on
>the PC to drain the PSU because it can still hold a charge.
>
>Lou

On Tue, 25 May 2004 00:02:40 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the One
<Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>I was thinking of getting the Zalman PSU 400 watt one all the reviews
>says it quiet, though my PSU is pretty quiet already :)

It'd be cheaper to just buy the Fortron/Sparkle version and avoid the
(Zalman) markup, then if the fan isn't the right noise/airflow tradeoff
for your tastes, install the exact fan you want instead of settling for
someone else's decision.

Then again, FSP has an updated 400W version with 12cm fan that should be
even better.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-962&depa=0
http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?src=FG&item=57561