Can't share files

We've had a small network set up in our home for some time. It consists of
two desktops (wired) and a laptop. we all connect via a Dell wireless
router (with four Ethernet ports). It was all working fine (File and
Printer Sharing) until recently - I replaced the hard drive in my desktop.

Now the laptop gets op-up messages saying it hasn't permission to view files
on that desktop. Oddly, the laptop can still print to the printer connected
to the same desktop.

I've tried using the wizard to set up the network, still no luck.

I have gone through my hard drive and shared all the necessary folders.

Is there a way to delete all networks and start again? In fact, the laptop
includes a network from another office that we don't use any more and I
don't know how to delete it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Stephen Green

Since you can still use the printer via network, the wireless connection
should be good.

After you replace your desktop disk, have you installed Windows? If so, are
you using different user name and password for your desktop? If so, you may
want to re-connect to the network driver from your laptop.

To remove a wireless network profile, double click wireless icon on
right-bottom of your screen.Then click "Properties", then choose "Wireless
Network" tab, On the lower half of the tab, you can see a list of networks,
remove the ones that you do not need.

Thanks
Hui

"Stephen Green" <sgreen0NO@SPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
> We've had a small network set up in our home for some time. It consists
> of two desktops (wired) and a laptop. we all connect via a Dell wireless
> router (with four Ethernet ports). It was all working fine (File and
> Printer Sharing) until recently - I replaced the hard drive in my desktop.
>
> Now the laptop gets op-up messages saying it hasn't permission to view
> files on that desktop. Oddly, the laptop can still print to the printer
> connected to the same desktop.
>
> I've tried using the wizard to set up the network, still no luck.
>
> I have gone through my hard drive and shared all the necessary folders.
>
> Is there a way to delete all networks and start again? In fact, the
> laptop includes a network from another office that we don't use any more
> and I don't know how to delete it.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.
>
> Stephen Green

Thanks, Hui!

I also don't know how to delete the network connections on the desktop.
There is one left over from my wife's work and we don't use it anymore. But
I can't delete it.

Thanks again.

Stephen