Need PC Case for 6 drives

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I am looking for a PC case to house 6 internal hard drives. I have a
PlatinumXP case now that does have 6 3.5" slots but there is very little
room for airflow and therefore the drives run somewhat hot.

I have 4 drives that I use with a 3ware RAID controller plus 2
additional drives.

I don't want one that is too high. I prefer a case that houses the disk
drive in 2 side by side cases. This means the case would be wide but
not high.

The closest I could find was the Lian Li PC-626. But it is way too long
(deep) and will not fit inside my computer desk.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

TIA

On Sun, 23 May 2004 05:52:35 GMT, chuck <cymmacosx@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I am looking for a PC case to house 6 internal hard drives. I have a
>PlatinumXP case now that does have 6 3.5" slots but there is very little
>room for airflow and therefore the drives run somewhat hot.
>
>I have 4 drives that I use with a 3ware RAID controller plus 2
>additional drives.
>
>I don't want one that is too high. I prefer a case that houses the disk
>drive in 2 side by side cases. This means the case would be wide but
>not high.
>
>The closest I could find was the Lian Li PC-626. But it is way too long
>(deep) and will not fit inside my computer desk.
>
>Does anybody have any other suggestions?
>
>TIA

http://www.dansdata.com/cgcase.htm

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-182-545&catalog=7&depa=1

use 3.5-5" adapters. lots of room around the drives for airflow.

overlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2001

On Sun, 23 May 2004 05:52:35 GMT, chuck <cymmacosx@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I am looking for a PC case to house 6 internal hard drives. I have a
>PlatinumXP case now that does have 6 3.5" slots but there is very little
>room for airflow and therefore the drives run somewhat hot.
>
>I have 4 drives that I use with a 3ware RAID controller plus 2
>additional drives.
>
>I don't want one that is too high. I prefer a case that houses the disk
>drive in 2 side by side cases. This means the case would be wide but
>not high.
>
>The closest I could find was the Lian Li PC-626. But it is way too long
>(deep) and will not fit inside my computer desk.
>
>Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Yeah, keep your case and get bay coolers that mount fans and foam filters
in front of your drives to keep them cool.

~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
postmaster@[127.0.0.1]
uce@ftc.gov
~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.

Check out the CoolerMaster Stacker. I supports up to 11 5.25" drives.

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=STC-T01&other_title=+STC-T01+CM%20Stacker

"chuck" <cymmacosx@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I am looking for a PC case to house 6 internal hard drives. I have a
> PlatinumXP case now that does have 6 3.5" slots but there is very little
> room for airflow and therefore the drives run somewhat hot.
>
> I have 4 drives that I use with a 3ware RAID controller plus 2
> additional drives.
>
> I don't want one that is too high. I prefer a case that houses the disk
> drive in 2 side by side cases. This means the case would be wide but
> not high.
>
> The closest I could find was the Lian Li PC-626. But it is way too long
> (deep) and will not fit inside my computer desk.
>
> Does anybody have any other suggestions?
>
> TIA

"chuck" <cymmacosx@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I am looking for a PC case to house 6 internal hard drives. I have a
> PlatinumXP case now that does have 6 3.5" slots but there is very little
> room for airflow and therefore the drives run somewhat hot.
>
> I have 4 drives that I use with a 3ware RAID controller plus 2
> additional drives.
>
> I don't want one that is too high. I prefer a case that houses the disk
> drive in 2 side by side cases. This means the case would be wide but
> not high.
>
> The closest I could find was the Lian Li PC-626. But it is way too long
> (deep) and will not fit inside my computer desk.
>
> Does anybody have any other suggestions?

You come make your own water-cooling system and attach the sinks to the
metal either side of the drives to cool them down.
If you dont like modding things, get a load of VGA water blocks and epoxy
them to the sides

hamman

On Sun, 23 May 2004 05:52:35 GMT, chuck <cymmacosx@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I am looking for a PC case to house 6 internal hard drives. I have a
>PlatinumXP case now that does have 6 3.5" slots but there is very little
>room for airflow and therefore the drives run somewhat hot.
>
>I have 4 drives that I use with a 3ware RAID controller plus 2
>additional drives.
>
>I don't want one that is too high. I prefer a case that houses the disk
>drive in 2 side by side cases. This means the case would be wide but
>not high.
>
>The closest I could find was the Lian Li PC-626. But it is way too long
>(deep) and will not fit inside my computer desk.
>
>Does anybody have any other suggestions?
>
>TIA

ANTEC Performance Plus
Dimensions: 20.6''x8.1''x18.6''
http://snipurl.com/6m46

regards

Dud

--

If we are what we eat. I'm cheap, fast, and easy.

Stephen

On Sun, 23 May 2004 05:52:35 GMT, chuck <cymmacosx@earthlink.net>
tortured a bunch of electrons for some unknown reason:

>I am looking for a PC case to house 6 internal hard drives. I have a
>PlatinumXP case now that does have 6 3.5" slots but there is very little
>room for airflow and therefore the drives run somewhat hot.
>
>I have 4 drives that I use with a 3ware RAID controller plus 2
>additional drives.
>
>I don't want one that is too high. I prefer a case that houses the disk
>drive in 2 side by side cases. This means the case would be wide but
>not high.
>
>The closest I could find was the Lian Li PC-626. But it is way too long
>(deep) and will not fit inside my computer desk.
>
>Does anybody have any other suggestions?
>
>TIA

This is the one I have and I replaced the power supply with an Antec
Truepower 550W.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-182-546&depa=0

Stephen

On Sun, 23 May 2004 11:09:45 -0600, "Frank Fussenegger"
<frankfuss@fussmail.com> wrote:

>Check out the CoolerMaster Stacker. I supports up to 11 5.25" drives.
>
>http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=STC-T01&other_title=+STC-T01+CM%20Stacker

Ooooh yeah, This baby is the one you want. Forget the codegen ;)

DS

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-182-548&depa=1