DVD player won't play last 2 to 3 minutes of some DVD's

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Hardware
  • DVD
  • DVD Players
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
May 26, 2004 7:54:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Hello,

My DVD player, a Samsung SD-616T, plays through until the last 2 to 4
minutes and then the picture freezes while the player continues to turn and
the green seek light continues to blink. I am using Windows Media Player 9,
Windows XP, 2.8 GHz CPU and 1 GB RAM. The disk is clean and this behavior
doesn't happen with all movies. Other than this the player has no problem
reading CD's or DVD's, just the playing of the last few minutes of some
DVD's is a problem.

Here is the link to the Samsung product page if that is helpful:
http://www.samsung.com/Products/CDDVD_Rom/DVD_ROMHalf_H...

The firmware is the latest offered by Samsung, version F311

Thanks for the help, Steve.

More about : dvd player play minutes dvd

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 1, 2004 2:23:19 PM

Steve wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My DVD player, a Samsung SD-616T, plays through until the last 2 to 4
> minutes and then the picture freezes while the player continues to
> turn and the green seek light continues to blink. I am using Windows
> Media Player 9, Windows XP, 2.8 GHz CPU and 1 GB RAM. The disk is
> clean and this behavior doesn't happen with all movies. Other than
> this the player has no problem reading CD's or DVD's, just the
> playing of the last few minutes of some DVD's is a problem.
>
> Here is the link to the Samsung product page if that is helpful:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/CDDVD_Rom/DVD_ROMHalf_H...

> The firmware is the latest offered by Samsung, version F311
>
> Thanks for the help, Steve.

try different media. discrite's did this all the time on my pioneer a107 -
using G04 ritec's has sorted it out. also try lowering your burn speed.

ric h
!