Digital vs Analoge Sound cards, digital worth it ?

Digital vs Analoge Sound cards, digital worth it ?

I just want to buy some Logitec Z-5300 speakers, but i take it they ar
e not digital the higer end speakers are but are twice as much.

Will i notice better sound with a Audigy 2 ZS the card i am going to
buy, make any difference in games FPS if its digital ?

Not that i know anything about Digital in sound cards, so thats why
the questions.

Thanks.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 02:09:34 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the One
<Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Digital vs Analoge Sound cards, digital worth it ?
>
>I just want to buy some Logitec Z-5300 speakers, but i take it they ar
>e not digital the higer end speakers are but are twice as much.
>
>Will i notice better sound with a Audigy 2 ZS the card i am going to
>buy, make any difference in games FPS if its digital ?
>

>Not that i know anything about Digital in sound cards, so thats why
>the questions.
>
>Thanks.

Most any "PC" sound card has analog output regardless of whether it has
digital out... obvious enough but mentioned regardless. Since you report
that your intended speakers can only use analog out (I'm not familiar with
those speakers), it's irrelevant if the chosen sound card supports digital
out or not.

Most motherboards these days have audio integrated, my suggestion would be
to buy the speakers you want, spending most of the budget on the speakers
as there is a greater difference in sound quality of speakers than of
sound cards... most low-end integrated sound or cheap sound cards plus
good speakers, will sound much better than a great sound card and poor
speakers.

> Digital vs Analoge Sound cards, digital worth it ?
>
> I just want to buy some Logitec Z-5300 speakers, but i take it they ar
> e not digital the higer end speakers are but are twice as much.
>
> Will i notice better sound with a Audigy 2 ZS the card i am going to
> buy, make any difference in games FPS if its digital ?
>

> Not that i know anything about Digital in sound cards, so thats why
> the questions.

Everyone I have talked to about this seems to agree that as of right now,
analog audio equipment outperforms digital. With an Audigy ZS and the
Logitech 5300 speakers, I can't think of anything you won't hear as
perfectly as it's meant to be heard, be it games, DVDs, or music.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 02:09:34 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

| Digital vs Analoge Sound cards, digital worth it ?
|
| I just want to buy some Logitec Z-5300 speakers, but i take it they ar
| e not digital the higer end speakers are but are twice as much.
|
| Will i notice better sound with a Audigy 2 ZS the card i am going to
| buy, make any difference in games FPS if its digital ?

In my experience, digital isn't noticeably better than analog when
feeding directly to a speaker system. Perhaps there will be less
chance for audio artifacts with digital, but that shouldn't be any
problem with decent equipment no matter which option you choose.

The ideal use for digital out for me is routing the signal into a
digital input on a receiver, which is how I have mine set up. The
analog out is also connected to an analog in for backup.

Larc

Well whatever sounds like my Audigy 2Zs and my Z-5300 Speakers will
sound just fine 5.1, hope the gamesue 5.1 well :(, i want to know
where the baddies are so i can swing arround and know where they are
and put a cap in their arse :)