Hotwire Power Supply

I'm working on a personal project and I'm using a 250w ATX computer power
supply. Is there any way to cross some wires in the 24-pin connector that
goes to the motherboard to always have the powersupply "on" even when it's
not connected to a MB? Looking at the specs for the PS, the
green lead (pin #16) is the PS_ON/OFF - do I cross that with something?

Or am I completely off my rocker and smoking crack?

Thanks in advance!!

Shane Thoen

On Thu, 27 May 2004 08:58:04 -0500, "Shane Thoen" <shane@sthoen.com>
wrote:

>I'm working on a personal project and I'm using a 250w ATX computer power
>supply. Is there any way to cross some wires in the 24-pin connector that
>goes to the motherboard to always have the powersupply "on" even when it's
>not connected to a MB? Looking at the specs for the PS, the
>green lead (pin #16) is the PS_ON/OFF - do I cross that with something?
>
>Or am I completely off my rocker and smoking crack?
>
>Thanks in advance!!
>
>Shane Thoen

Yes, ground that PS_ON, green wire (to any ground, black wire or PSU
casing, or a common ground at the connected equipment), but it's pin 14
not 16.

http://69.36.189.159/usr_1034/atx_on.gif

On Fri, 28 May 2004 00:38:55 GMT, kony <spam@spam.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 May 2004 08:58:04 -0500, "Shane Thoen" <shane@sthoen.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I'm working on a personal project and I'm using a 250w ATX computer power
>>supply. Is there any way to cross some wires in the 24-pin connector that
>>goes to the motherboard to always have the powersupply "on" even when it's
>>not connected to a MB? Looking at the specs for the PS, the
>>green lead (pin #16) is the PS_ON/OFF - do I cross that with something?
>>
>>Or am I completely off my rocker and smoking crack?
>>
>>Thanks in advance!!
>>
>>Shane Thoen
>>

>Yes, ground that PS_ON, green wire (to any ground, black wire or PSU
>casing, or a common ground at the connected equipment), but it's pin 14
>not 16.
>
>http://69.36.189.159/usr_1034/atx_on.gif

OOPS! I overlooked that part about "24-pin connector". Disregard the
"pin 14" part of my reply and the linked pic.