Windows 2003 Server "Wireless Monitor" mmc

Tim

Hi,

I stumbled across the Wireless Monitor mmc add in and fired it up. I can't
say that I can make a lot of sense about what it is saying in the Wireless
Client section. Are there any resources that detail what the entries mean
anyone? I have looked at the Help File, but it does not appear to be quite
in synch with what I am seeing.

Also, under the "Access Point Information" section, there is nothing. The
server concerned is connected to an AP via ethernet...

Thanks in advance...

- Tim

Tim,
You may find this link useful:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/88d2746b-f9a7-4974-b865-6716eb315e08.mspx

"Tim" <Tim@NoSpam> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I stumbled across the Wireless Monitor mmc add in and fired it up. I can't
> say that I can make a lot of sense about what it is saying in the Wireless
> Client section. Are there any resources that detail what the entries mean
> anyone? I have looked at the Help File, but it does not appear to be quite
> in synch with what I am seeing.
>
> Also, under the "Access Point Information" section, there is nothing. The
> server concerned is connected to an AP via ethernet...
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> - Tim

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

Thanks, however they are the very web pages I referred to that do not answer
the questions I have. Perhaps I should be more specific. In the Client
section I see entries that all start with EAPOL and mention CONNECT (for
Guest), time out etc.

I was looking for something that explained how far through the connection
process these events are - IE do they represent actual authentiated or
successful connections or are they more alerts to say some thing like 'there
is another client that has touched this AP but has been denied access
immediately'.

I would have preferred to have quoted the messages from the mmc but today I
can't connect as I get the error 'binding habdle is invalid'.

TIA
- Tim