building a monitor from laptop LCD panel

Is there any info out there on transforming old LCD panels into working
computer displays?

also I remember these computer mods that would place a small LCD screen
into two of the cd-rom bays of a computer that used some sort of
special display card to run it. anyone have some info on these?

More about building monitor laptop panel

    On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 04:36:30 GMT, test <test@test.com> wrote:

    >Is there any info out there on transforming old LCD panels into working
    >computer displays?

    Yes
    Did you search for it?
    http://www.google.com/search?q=laptop+LCD+convert+desktop+monitor
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=laptop+LCD+convert+desktop+monitor

    >also I remember these computer mods that would place a small LCD screen
    >into two of the cd-rom bays of a computer that used some sort of
    >special display card to run it. anyone have some info on these?

    Seek the display card, it should specify what screens it can drive.

    The short answer is no, it's not reasonable to do it, buy a desktop
    monitor.

Homebuilt LCD Computer LCD Monitor Systems