building a monitor from laptop LCD panel

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 3, 2004 8:36:30 AM

Is there any info out there on transforming old LCD panels into working
computer displays?

also I remember these computer mods that would place a small LCD screen
into two of the cd-rom bays of a computer that used some sort of
special display card to run it. anyone have some info on these?

a b B Homebuilt system
June 3, 2004 3:45:21 PM

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 04:36:30 GMT, test <test@test.com> wrote:

>Is there any info out there on transforming old LCD panels into working
>computer displays?

Yes
Did you search for it?
http://www.google.com/search?q=laptop+LCD+convert+deskt...
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=laptop+LCD+convert+de...

>also I remember these computer mods that would place a small LCD screen
>into two of the cd-rom bays of a computer that used some sort of
>special display card to run it. anyone have some info on these?

Seek the display card, it should specify what screens it can drive.

The short answer is no, it's not reasonable to do it, buy a desktop
monitor.
!