C84 Ink Cover Problem

Can't get the darn cover closed over the cartridges on this new printer. I've
checked they are in the right way, and well seated, but the darn cover won't
close. Anyone else have this problem? It seems those movable tabs on the back
of the cartridges are in the way. Help!!!

In article <20040814124302.22153.00001621@mb-m07.aol.com>,
sheellah@aol.com (Sheellah) wrote:

> Can't get the darn cover closed over the cartridges on this new printer. I've
> checked they are in the right way, and well seated, but the darn cover won't
> close. Anyone else have this problem? It seems those movable tabs on the back
> of the cartridges are in the way. Help!!!

When you replace the ink cartridge, take the little piece out that
prevents the movable tab from being moved.

sheellah@aol.com (Sheellah) wrote in message news:<20040814124302.22153.00001621@mb-m07.aol.com>...
> Can't get the darn cover closed over the cartridges on this new printer. I've
> checked they are in the right way, and well seated, but the darn cover won't
> close. Anyone else have this problem? It seems those movable tabs on the back
> of the cartridges are in the way. Help!!!\

>>>Are there little oblong pieces of blue plastic stuck in the
cartridges? , I had that problem. Most of them had fallen out, and
i realized I didn't need them, so I removed them. I think the same
cartridge is made to fit more than one printer, and the little blue
tabs are used, or removed. Look closely!

Mike

LOL...Thanks so much! That did the trick! Now, why don't they bother to tell
you that in the set-up instructions?? I'm reluctant to break anything off of
the cartridge not knowing it's supposed to be broken off! thanks again!

In article <20040814150144.19157.00003429@mb-m06.aol.com>,
sheellah@aol.com (Sheellah) wrote:

> LOL...Thanks so much! That did the trick! Now, why don't they bother to tell
> you that in the set-up instructions?? I'm reluctant to break anything off of
> the cartridge not knowing it's supposed to be broken off! thanks again!

I've never used Epson cartridges beyond the ones that came with my C84;
I've always used third party carts. And they don't have anything that
needs "broken off;" no, their little things that keep the movable tabs
from moving are loose, unattached to anything, and are obviously
intended to be removed.

OK, now I'm confused again! I watched that little movie on changing the
cartridges, and they don't show the tabs being removed. They actually tell you
to grab them when removing the cartridges, and show them still on in the photo.
Are you all removing them to close the cover? Strange!!!

In article <20040814160008.26512.00003405@mb-m03.aol.com>,
sheellah@aol.com (Sheellah) wrote:

> OK, now I'm confused again! I watched that little movie on changing the
> cartridges, and they don't show the tabs being removed. They actually tell
> you
> to grab them when removing the cartridges, and show them still on in the
> photo.
> Are you all removing them to close the cover? Strange!!!

No, not the tabs themselves; the carts I use have small pieces there to
keep the tabs from moving during shipment.

kaiser

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2001

"Sheellah" <sheellah@aol.com> wrote in message
> OK, now I'm confused again! I watched that little movie on changing the
> cartridges, and they don't show the tabs being removed. They actually tell
you
> to grab them when removing the cartridges, and show them still on in the
photo.
> Are you all removing them to close the cover? Strange!!!
>
> << LOL...Thanks so much! That did the trick! Now, why don't they bother to
tell
> you that in the set-up instructions?? I'm reluctant to break anything off
of
> the cartridge not knowing it's supposed to be broken off! thanks again!
>
> << > Can't get the darn cover closed over the cartridges on this new
printer.
> I've
> > checked they are in the right way, and well seated, but the darn cover
won't
> > close. Anyone else have this problem? It seems those movable tabs on the
back
> > of the cartridges are in the way. Help!!!
>
> When you replace the ink cartridge, take the little piece out that
> prevents the movable tab from being moved.

Genuine cartridges don't have those packing peices and not all compatibles
have them, so be carefull that you don't break off the the latching device
by mistake.

These are the original cartridges that came with the Epson C84. What have other
people done who have this printer and installed the cartridges? Were you able
to get the cartridge cover to close without removing those back tabs? I just
couldn't see any way to close the cover with them on.

TRENDING THREADS