File and Printer sharing on wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 25, 2005 12:01:01 AM

I have just set up a home wireless network with my desktop and laptop. Both
computers can access the high speed internet and will ping eachother but I
can't get any filr and printer sharing between them. I have tried disabling
the firewalls on both computers with no luck. The laptop uses the windows
firewall and the desktop used the Norton firewall. I have also configuerd
both firewalls to accept file and printer sharing. I have set the drives on
both computers for sharing but still no luck. The wireless router is a
Linksys G broad band router. Is there something I am forgetting or missing?

Cheers
John
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 3:24:14 AM

Hi
It is not a matter of Wire or Wireless.
It is the Network Sharing that are not set well.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"John Lyle" <John Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just set up a home wireless network with my desktop and laptop. Both
> computers can access the high speed internet and will ping eachother but I
> can't get any filr and printer sharing between them. I have tried disabling
> the firewalls on both computers with no luck. The laptop uses the windows
> firewall and the desktop used the Norton firewall. I have also configuerd
> both firewalls to accept file and printer sharing. I have set the drives on
> both computers for sharing but still no luck. The wireless router is a
> Linksys G broad band router. Is there something I am forgetting or missing?
>
> Cheers
> John
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 3:01:02 PM