Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Windows 7
  • Video Driver
  • Geforce
  • Compatibility
Last response: in Windows 7
February 23, 2011 1:20:12 AM

Is there a driver for GeForce 5600 that is compatible with Windows 7?

More about : windows video driver geforce 5600 vidoe card

a b \ Driver
a c 203 $ Windows 7
February 24, 2011 3:35:38 AM

max on nvidia is for vista 64
m
l
February 24, 2011 3:32:22 PM

Ok There is a driver that will work it is called Omega drivers google it... But now my real answer get a new video card a 40 to 60 dollar video card would crush that old thing and might actually allow you to do some fun stuff :) 

Thently

Here is the link to driver page

http://www.omegadrivers.net/index.php?option=com_phocad...
m
l
Related resources
November 30, 2011 7:48:18 PM

Wonder of wonders! Omegadrivers.net worked! Downloaded the Win7/Vista driver at

http://www.omegadrivers.net/index.php?option=com_phocad...

then ran it in Vista compatability mode, as an Administrator, as shown here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=302157

My problem occurred because of running an 8-year-old computer [for which I did not want to invest in a new graphics card. The card is an Nvidia GeForce FX 5600, for which there is not an Nvidia-supplied Win7 driver.

I upgraded WinXP Pro SP3 to Win7 Home Premium, and Win7 could not find a driver for what was now described as a "VGA video card" - that is, it did not recognize the 5600. And so I was stuck with a 680 x 400 resolution that couldn't be changed.

After downloading and installing per the sites above, and using the new driver, I was able to change my resolution to 1024 x 768, the best my monitor [it's actually a TV] will support.

Thank you, Tom, for your forum!!

Jack Fuller
m
l
December 1, 2011 5:38:16 AM

Thanks for the link. I had tried this before, getting the driver right from Nvidia. However, Nvidia doesn't offer a Win7 driver for the 5600; only a Vista version. I may have been able to install that with Vista compatabilty, but when I tried to install it "straight up", I was informed that my computer wasn't running Vista.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 1, 2011 5:45:58 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 1, 2011 1:08:39 PM

This topic has been reopen by Nikorr
m
l
November 2, 2013 5:35:37 AM

I have just gone through the process of upgrading my elderly home PC from XP to Windows 7 (32-bit), and eventually got my Winfast A310 TD MyVivo card, which is based on the Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 working (I had been using the Nvidia drivers under XP).

I tried the Omega drivers as per instructions above with partial success. My two problems were:
1. There did not appear to be any support for 1920x1200 monitors. Available resolutions were too small or too big.
2. Couldn't find any support for dual monitors.

I was successful with the drivers from the Nvidia site, though. Here's how:

Do a manual driver search on www.geforce.com/drivers, by selecting the following options:
- Geforce
- Geforce 5 FX Series
- Windows XP
- English
- All
Choose driver: GeForce Release 175.16 WHQL 13 May 2008, which downloads file "175.16_geforce_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe".

Run this file as administrator under Windows XP SP3 compatability mode (see instructions for Omega driver above). The installation files are extracted into a folder of your choice. I chose C:\temp.
The installation will eventually throw an error to say that these drivers are not compatible with Windows 7. Cancel the installation and locate the extracted file c:\temp\\NVIDIA\Win2k\175.16\IS\setup.exe. Right click on this file, and set the properties to run it as Administrator under Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.
Double-click on setup.exe, and the drivers should install fine.
m
l
!