Internal card with USB pinouts

Does anyone here know if such a thing exists? I have a "Sigma" card
distributed by SOYO with a Mobo I purchased from them. This card has a USB
wire lead with four female connectors that must connect to pins comming out
of a USB header from inside the computer. I don't have any more USB pinouts
available from the motherboard, and thought that there must be some kind of
simple electronic contraption that can add this connection to the machine...
Does any one here know? ....

I place this question here because I expect the participants here may be
more aware of USB2 issues in general than the specialized motherboard group.
TIA.

Pablo

My MB is old enough that the on board USB is v 1.1 and no Firewire.

I added a Belkin F5U508 ($80). This is a PCI card. That gave me USB 2
and Firewire for a large external HD.

I then connected the front of case USB and firewire cables to this card.

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 03:42:28 GMT, "PRiveraSr" <PRiveraSr@no.email.askme>
wrote:

>Does anyone here know if such a thing exists? I have a "Sigma" card
>distributed by SOYO with a Mobo I purchased from them. This card has a USB
>wire lead with four female connectors that must connect to pins comming out
>of a USB header from inside the computer. I don't have any more USB pinouts
>available from the motherboard, and thought that there must be some kind of
>simple electronic contraption that can add this connection to the machine...
>Does any one here know? ....
>
>I place this question here because I expect the participants here may be
>more aware of USB2 issues in general than the specialized motherboard group.
>TIA.
>
>Pablo

It was not clear what you were talking about until I sought info on a
"Sigma',
http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=53

It "looks" like it is simply using 3 USB ports, so I don't know why it
would have 4 female connectors, unless one connector goes to a chassis
intrusion or other security header, not a USB header.

The following card will provide at least 2 of the 3 headers, but maybe 4?
I don't know, the picture looks like it's one USB header (2 ports per
header) but the other header is for firewire (1394). It also has an
internal jack so if you had a spare USB cable you could solder the pins on
to it and have the 3rd port too. It seems pricey though, a USB2-only card
can usually be found for under $20, sometimes $10 though likely without
the pin-headers.

Hmm, disregard the above unless you do want to pay more for a card that
also has firewire, because I just saw this, looks like exactly what you
need and cheap too:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-201-206&depa=0
Note the user comments which mention the pinout, which if it's correct, is
still awkwardly mentioned, the "negative" and "postive" are usually called
"Data +" and "Data -"... though I couldn't guess if the Soyo bay panel
follows same pinout or not.

Beautiful. Thank you Kony. Perfect solution.

Pablo

"kony" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 03:42:28 GMT, "PRiveraSr" <PRiveraSr@no.email.askme>
> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone here know if such a thing exists? I have a "Sigma" card
> >distributed by SOYO with a Mobo I purchased from them. This card has a
USB
> >wire lead with four female connectors that must connect to pins comming
out
> >of a USB header from inside the computer. I don't have any more USB
pinouts
> >available from the motherboard, and thought that there must be some kind
of
> >simple electronic contraption that can add this connection to the
machine...
> >Does any one here know? ....
> >
> >I place this question here because I expect the participants here may be
> >more aware of USB2 issues in general than the specialized motherboard
group.
> >TIA.
> >
> >Pablo
> >

> It was not clear what you were talking about until I sought info on a
> "Sigma',
> http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=53
>
> It "looks" like it is simply using 3 USB ports, so I don't know why it
> would have 4 female connectors, unless one connector goes to a chassis
> intrusion or other security header, not a USB header.
>
> The following card will provide at least 2 of the 3 headers, but maybe 4?
> I don't know, the picture looks like it's one USB header (2 ports per
> header) but the other header is for firewire (1394). It also has an
> internal jack so if you had a spare USB cable you could solder the pins on
> to it and have the 3rd port too. It seems pricey though, a USB2-only card
> can usually be found for under $20, sometimes $10 though likely without
> the pin-headers.
>
> Hmm, disregard the above unless you do want to pay more for a card that
> also has firewire, because I just saw this, looks like exactly what you
> need and cheap too:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-201-206&depa=0
> Note the user comments which mention the pinout, which if it's correct, is
> still awkwardly mentioned, the "negative" and "postive" are usually called
> "Data +" and "Data -"... though I couldn't guess if the Soyo bay panel
> follows same pinout or not.

Very creative, thanks for the insight.

Pablo