Good AMD Athlon XP Fan Recommendations???

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64 (More info?)

Any recommendations on cooling options for an Athlon XP 2400+? I
ordered an OEM CPU by mistake. I typically buy retail because I don't
overclock.

I'm looking to get a good fan and heatsink and some thermal gel. I've
got an ECS K7S5A motherboard.

TIA,
Paul

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-150-010&depa=0

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64 (More info?)

This is what AMD recommends:

http://www2.amd.com/us-en/thermal/ResultsHandler/1,,30_182_869_4348^4356,00.
html

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:34:59 -0700, Paul wrote:

> Any recommendations on cooling options for an Athlon XP 2400+? I
> ordered an OEM CPU by mistake. I typically buy retail because I don't
> overclock.
>
> I'm looking to get a good fan and heatsink and some thermal gel. I've
> got an ECS K7S5A motherboard.

You can't beat this one. It's quieter and does a better job than the other
more expensive all aluminum suggestions. Top rated on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-106-602&depa=0

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64 (More info?)

Dynatron C41(DC1206BM-L/610-P-CU) is on the AMD list of approved coolers.
You can order it direct from Dynatron for $7 + $6 ground if you send an
email to:

karen@dynatron-corp.com

On 9 Jun 2004 18:34:59 -0700, truerelaxation@yahoo.com (Paul) wrote:

>Any recommendations on cooling options for an Athlon XP 2400+? I
>ordered an OEM CPU by mistake. I typically buy retail because I don't
>overclock.
>
>I'm looking to get a good fan and heatsink and some thermal gel. I've
>got an ECS K7S5A motherboard.
>
>TIA,
>Paul

This is my favorite "cheap" one..

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-186-104&depa=0

It's fairly similar to Wes suggestion, but has temperature control
(non adjustable) and a special inverted fan mounting, which makes it
rather silent, for coming with a non Zalman price tag. Comes with the
best paste there is, standard silicon.
Thing to note is that this one is NOT good for OC! This runs silent
instead of as cool as possible.

Wes suggestion looks really good too though, and is cheaper.

ancra