How do you create shortcuts to the programs screen ?

August 4, 2004 3:30:48 AM

I've a few progs which although they installed ok did'nt add a shortcut to
the programs screen, is there a utility to do this ?
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 4:42:45 AM

"PDA Fan" <no_one@home.here> wrote in message
> I've a few progs which although they installed ok did'nt add a shortcut to
> the programs screen, is there a utility to do this ?

You can use File Explorer. Go to the folder that contains the program.
Tap-hold on the executable file and select copy. Then go to Windows\Start
Menu\Programs and select Paste Shortcut when you tap-hold.

--
Jan Otto
Anonymous

I'm afraid you copy-past the program, not make a shortcut this way. It wasts
space. I make shortvut via desktop explorer, then move it to the Start menu
location.
"Jan Otto Ruud" <my.name@broadpark.no> wrote in message

> "PDA Fan" <no_one@home.here> wrote in message
> > I've a few progs which although they installed ok did'nt add a shortcut
> > the programs screen, is there a utility to do this ?
>
> You can use File Explorer. Go to the folder that contains the program.
> Tap-hold on the executable file and select copy. Then go to Windows\Start
> Menu\Programs and select Paste Shortcut when you tap-hold.
>
> --
> Jan Otto

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 2:32:00 PM

No, actually that is correct. You do get two options, Paste and Paste
Shortcut. The former does what you are thinking and copies the whole
program. The latter option does indeed Paste a Shortcut. It creates the
shortcut on the fly. You can verify that by looking at the size of the
created file.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

!