Folder not accessible

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.pc.hardware.homebuilt,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

Hi there

I had a hard drive in my own PC... On the drive I have a folder which is
personal

I have moved the hard drive to a new PC... as the old PC is faulty.

Now when I access the folder (that is personal) I am given a message 'Folder
is inaccessible'

I used to get the same message when trying to access this folder on the old
pc, from another PC on a network

However the drive is now inside this new PC and not accessible.

I am unable to put the drive into the old pc, as the old pc is faulty

How can I access the files?

Both operating systems were/are Windows XP

Hope you can help

Thank you

Relic

Ravi Sandhu wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I had a hard drive in my own PC... On the drive I have a folder which
> is personal
>
> I have moved the hard drive to a new PC... as the old PC is faulty.
>
> Now when I access the folder (that is personal) I am given a message
> 'Folder is inaccessible'
>
> I used to get the same message when trying to access this folder on
> the old pc, from another PC on a network
>
> However the drive is now inside this new PC and not accessible.
>
> I am unable to put the drive into the old pc, as the old pc is faulty
>
> How can I access the files?
>
> Both operating systems were/are Windows XP

"How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

--
- relic -
Don't take life too seriously, You won't get out alive.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.pc.hardware.homebuilt,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

thank you

Will try