Need advice for computer upgrade.

Hi.

I intend to upgrade my computer with some new snazzy hardware and
would like to get some advice/recommendations before I purchase the
parts.

This is what I am thinking about buying:

Motherboard:
Asus K8V K8T800 Socket754 ATX

CPU:
AMD Athlon64 3200+

CPU fan:
Zalman ZM-7000A-CU

Ram:
2x Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512 PC3200

DVD-Burner:
NEC ND-2510

Power Supply:
Enermax 460W

And these parts I keep from my old rig:

Video card:
Sapphire Radeon 9700

Sound card:
SB Live! Platinum

CD-burner:
NEC NC-7700

I would be very thankful if someone could answer this question:

Will the Power supply do for the new
system?

I checked my new might-be system with
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ and it seem to
work out; a 401 W recommeded minimum against the 460 W of the Enermax
PSU, and with no plans for further hardware expansion. Though the
site does not list the wattage needed for the AMD64 CPU:s, I used the
most power-consuming processor I could find.

Also, could you please recommend some alternative PSU brands known for
quality. I have an Antec, Aspire or an Enhance PSU in mind as second
choise, but I do not know how reliable these are.

Thankful for any response.

==============

Do not forget, if you use a heatsink that is diferent from the original
(OEM) you might be voiding warranty on the CPU.

Antec is considered FAR more reliable than Enermax. Check out the power
supplies review on Tom's Hardware.com.

--
DaveW

"Peter Goran" <pege0001@kupa-dot-se.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I intend to upgrade my computer with some new snazzy hardware and
> would like to get some advice/recommendations before I purchase the
> parts.
>
> This is what I am thinking about buying:
>
> Motherboard:
> Asus K8V K8T800 Socket754 ATX
>
> CPU:
> AMD Athlon64 3200+
>
> CPU fan:
> Zalman ZM-7000A-CU
>
> Ram:
> 2x Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512 PC3200
>
> DVD-Burner:
> NEC ND-2510
>
> Power Supply:
> Enermax 460W
>
> And these parts I keep from my old rig:
>
> Video card:
> Sapphire Radeon 9700
>
> Sound card:
> SB Live! Platinum
>
> CD-burner:
> NEC NC-7700
>
> I would be very thankful if someone could answer this question:
>
> Will the Power supply do for the new
> system?

> I checked my new might-be system with
> http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ and it seem to
> work out; a 401 W recommeded minimum against the 460 W of the Enermax
> PSU, and with no plans for further hardware expansion. Though the
> site does not list the wattage needed for the AMD64 CPU:s, I used the
> most power-consuming processor I could find.
>
> Also, could you please recommend some alternative PSU brands known for
> quality. I have an Antec, Aspire or an Enhance PSU in mind as second
> choise, but I do not know how reliable these are.
>

> Thankful for any response.
>
> ==============
troubleshooting newsgroups.

On 1 Jul 2004 10:06:11 -0400, pege0001@kupa-dot-se.no-spam.invalid
(Peter Goran) put finger to keyboard and composed:

>I intend to upgrade my computer with some new snazzy hardware and
>would like to get some advice/recommendations before I purchase the
>parts.
>
>This is what I am thinking about buying:
>
>Motherboard:
> Asus K8V K8T800 Socket754 ATX
>
>CPU:
> AMD Athlon64 3200+

Sorry, but I just have to ask. What are the "" and
"
" hex strings? Are they some kind of HTML code?

- Franc Zabkar