Nothing on screen, no CMOS beeps

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

What does that mean when you turn on the computer, and there is
nothing on screen, & no CMOS beeps (yes, the speaker on the case is
plugged into the motherboard).

What do you think are the likely culprits for this? Can RAM placement
or order have anything to do with this?

==
"Dumb is just not knowing. Ditsy is having the courage to ask." -- Jessica Simpson

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

As the first responder wrote, how about a little more information. If I were
a betting persons, I'd bet that you have a new motherboard and processor.

Ablang wrote:

> What does that mean when you turn on the computer, and there is
> nothing on screen, & no CMOS beeps (yes, the speaker on the case is
> plugged into the motherboard).
>
> What do you think are the likely culprits for this? Can RAM placement
> or order have anything to do with this?

Can you give us more detail about how this occurred?

Don Briggs wrote:

> "Ablang" <HilaryDuff07062004@ablang-duff.com> wrote in message
> > What does that mean when you turn on the computer, and there is
> > nothing on screen, & no CMOS beeps (yes, the speaker on the case is
> > plugged into the motherboard).
> >
> > What do you think are the likely culprits for this? Can RAM placement
> > or order have anything to do with this?
>
> As the first responder wrote, how about a little more information. If I were
> a betting persons, I'd bet that you have a new motherboard and processor.

I'd bet he just got more RAM, but I don't want to guess.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

Any fans running ?

"Ablang" <HilaryDuff07062004@ablang-duff.com> wrote in message
> What does that mean when you turn on the computer, and there is
> nothing on screen, & no CMOS beeps (yes, the speaker on the case is
> plugged into the motherboard).
>
> What do you think are the likely culprits for this? Can RAM placement
> or order have anything to do with this?
>

> ==
> "Dumb is just not knowing. Ditsy is having the courage to ask." --
Jessica Simpson

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

Ablang <HilaryDuff07062004@ablang-duff.com> wrote in

> What does that mean when you turn on the computer, and there is
> nothing on screen, & no CMOS beeps (yes, the speaker on the case is
> plugged into the motherboard).
>
> What do you think are the likely culprits for this? Can RAM placement
> or order have anything to do with this?

If you removed and/or added ram, video, sound etc., you might need to
clear CMOS. You should use DIMM/SDRAM slot 1 first.

--
pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com
"The examined life is no picnic." - Robert Fulghum

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

ToolPackinMama, nice call on the ram.

"Ablang" <HilaryDuff07062004@ablang-duff.com> wrote in message
> What does that mean when you turn on the computer, and there is
> nothing on screen, & no CMOS beeps (yes, the speaker on the case is
> plugged into the motherboard).
>
> What do you think are the likely culprits for this? Can RAM placement
> or order have anything to do with this?
>

> ==
> "Dumb is just not knowing. Ditsy is having the courage to ask." --
Jessica Simpson

Is it *cough* plugged in?

Don Briggs wrote:

> ToolPackinMama, nice call on the ram.