Nothing on screen, no CMOS beeps

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

It is the same motherboard (Abit Be6-II) and CPU (Celeron
533). But I did get more RAM for the system. Maybe it is picky about
the RAM I put in, even though I am adding the same PC100 RAM in it. I
had a friend who had a Packard Bell that seemed finicky about getting
extra RAM.

The fans turn on, but I don't even see a BIOS screen. And
yes, the monitor is plugged in & working, since I tried it on another
computer.

==
"Dumb is just not knowing. Ditsy is having the courage to ask." -- Jessica Simpson

Ablang wrote:

> It is the same motherboard (Abit Be6-II) and CPU (Celeron
> 533). But I did get more RAM for the system. Maybe it is picky about
> the RAM I put in, even though I am adding the same PC100 RAM in it. I
> had a friend who had a Packard Bell that seemed finicky about getting
> extra RAM.

One of the cardinal axioms of debugging is to look for anything that's
changed from when it worked to when it doesn't and revert to the earlier
state to see if it works again.

In other words, take the new stick out and see if it works again and if it
does then look to see why the new stick is causing the problem.

David Maynard wrote:

> Ablang wrote:
>
> > It is the same motherboard (Abit Be6-II) and CPU (Celeron
> > 533). But I did get more RAM for the system.

Ah HA! I was right. :)

TRENDING THREADS