Wireless Networking in Windows 2000

I have a sony vaio vgn fs215m laptop with an internal intel pro wifi. I am
running windows 2000 but i need to know how to browse available networks. I
have read on the internet that you go to My Network Places and you can find
available networks in there but it does not show anything. Please help.
--
Paulo :-)
4 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    My Network Places will only show networks you are connected to, if your
    trying to find a network you can connect to you either need a program to find
    it, or you need to manually input the network's Name and WEP.

    Try finding any software that may come with the driver for your wifi device
    on the intel website.

    "Paulo" wrote:

    > I have a sony vaio vgn fs215m laptop with an internal intel pro wifi. I am
    > running windows 2000 but i need to know how to browse available networks. I
    > have read on the internet that you go to My Network Places and you can find
    > available networks in there but it does not show anything. Please help.
    > --
    > Paulo :-)

    i have looked on the intel website but i cant find any software to search for
    available networks. Any idea's ?
    I am looking for something like the application in windows xp.

    Thanks Paulo :-)

    "Paulo" wrote:

    > I have a sony vaio vgn fs215m laptop with an internal intel pro wifi. I am
    > running windows 2000 but i need to know how to browse available networks. I
    > have read on the internet that you go to My Network Places and you can find
    > available networks in there but it does not show anything. Please help.
    > --
    > Paulo :-)

    any ideas on any software ? like the application in windows xp home ?

    "DCA" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My Network Places will only show networks you are connected to, if your
    > trying to find a network you can connect to you either need a program to find
    > it, or you need to manually input the network's Name and WEP.
    >
    > Try finding any software that may come with the driver for your wifi device
    > on the intel website.
    >
    > "Paulo" wrote:
    >
    > > I have a sony vaio vgn fs215m laptop with an internal intel pro wifi. I am
    > > running windows 2000 but i need to know how to browse available networks. I
    > > have read on the internet that you go to My Network Places and you can find
    > > available networks in there but it does not show anything. Please help.
    > > --
    > > Paulo :-)

    You need a custom version of Intel Proset software for Vaio.
    Look for that on the Vaio support site, or call their support.
    --PA

    "Paulo" wrote:
    > I have a sony vaio vgn fs215m laptop with an internal intel pro wifi. I am
    > running windows 2000 but i need to know how to browse available networks. I
    > have read on the internet that you go to My Network Places and you can find
    > available networks in there but it does not show anything. Please help.
    > --
    > Paulo :-)

Wireless Windows 2000 Networking Wireless Networking