Biostar IDEQ 200v Athlon 3000+ Crucial 512MB 333Mhz POOR P..

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

I recently put together an IDeq 200V. Specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 333Mhz
Crucial/Samsung 512MB PC2700 333Mhz
Geforce4 TI4200 128MB
CreativeLabs SoundBlaster Audigy
Maxtor 160GB IDE HDD
NEC ND2500A DVD-RW

When I benchmark this system with PCMark04, I get 596 PCMarks.

CPU scores 591 (should be over 5000)
Memory scores 394 (should be about 2500)
Graphics scores 1812 (sounds about right)
HDD scores 4847 (Only thing that scored good, I think)

When I try to play Battlefield Vietnam, the into movie is choppy and
the sound cuts in and out.

I am obviosly having problems with bios settings or something, because
something is REALLY REALLY wrong.

I have tried disabling shadowing, caching, and enabling all of it, to
no avail.

Is there a perfect science to this system with the KM400 chip? I have
built many systems, and none have had this type of problem. It isnt
the RAM, that was in another system and ran great, could it be the
CPU? even though everything runs, and it says its running at 2171.3Mhz
(166.66FSB).

any help would be VERY VERY appreciated.

On 19 Jul 2004 12:06:42 -0700, jasonism@hotmail.com (Jason)
wrote:

>I recently put together an IDeq 200V. Specs are:
>
>AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 333Mhz
>Crucial/Samsung 512MB PC2700 333Mhz
>Geforce4 TI4200 128MB
>CreativeLabs SoundBlaster Audigy
>Maxtor 160GB IDE HDD
>NEC ND2500A DVD-RW
>
>When I benchmark this system with PCMark04, I get 596 PCMarks.
>
>CPU scores 591 (should be over 5000)
>Memory scores 394 (should be about 2500)
>Graphics scores 1812 (sounds about right)
>HDD scores 4847 (Only thing that scored good, I think)
>
>When I try to play Battlefield Vietnam, the into movie is choppy and
>the sound cuts in and out.

Disable sound and see what happens.
Try newer sound driver, try increasing PCI latency in bios to at
least 80, or if you haven't tried newest Via 4in1 driver yet, try
only that first, flash bios to latest version, and load the bios
setup defaults.

>I am obviosly having problems with bios settings or something, because
>something is REALLY REALLY wrong.
>
>I have tried disabling shadowing, caching, and enabling all of it, to
>no avail.

Those particular settings should be left at defaults for the time
being, it's more likely you'll cause other problems than
resolution.

>Is there a perfect science to this system with the KM400 chip? I have
>built many systems, and none have had this type of problem. It isnt
>the RAM, that was in another system and ran great, could it be the
>CPU? even though everything runs, and it says its running at 2171.3Mhz
>(166.66FSB).
>
>any help would be VERY VERY appreciated.

There is nothing particulaly unique about the KM400, it's
essentially a KT400 with Savage video integral. You need Via
4in1 driver, Savage driver (suggest latest version from SIS
website), appropriate DirectX version if one is specified as
necessary for the video driver, and less related, the drivers for
any other onboard integral features like audio, etc.

First thing to do is benchmark with something else, not relying
on only this one set of scores. There are many, take your pick.

If you're running OS HDD from a PCI RAID card you might try
without it or moving card to different slot. You might also try
disabling all (or as many as possible/tolerable) onboard
features, test system, then reenable features if needed... keep
unused features disabled.

Jason

I just bought a IDEQ200V and when installin xp can't get it to install
files to hd. Any thoughts?

Thanks

tom d
Jason wrote:
> I recently put together an IDeq 200V. Specs are:
>
> AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 333Mhz
> Crucial/Samsung 512MB PC2700 333Mhz
> Geforce4 TI4200 128MB
> CreativeLabs SoundBlaster Audigy
> Maxtor 160GB IDE HDD
> NEC ND2500A DVD-RW
>
> When I benchmark this system with PCMark04, I get 596 PCMarks.
>
> CPU scores 591 (should be over 5000)
> Memory scores 394 (should be about 2500)
> Graphics scores 1812 (sounds about right)
> HDD scores 4847 (Only thing that scored good, I think)
>
> When I try to play Battlefield Vietnam, the into movie is choppy and
> the sound cuts in and out.
>
> I am obviosly having problems with bios settings or something,
because
> something is REALLY REALLY wrong.
>
> I have tried disabling shadowing, caching, and enabling all of it, to
> no avail.
>
> Is there a perfect science to this system with the KM400 chip? I have
> built many systems, and none have had this type of problem. It isnt
> the RAM, that was in another system and ran great, could it be the
> CPU? even though everything runs, and it says its running at
2171.3Mhz
> (166.66FSB).
>
> any help would be VERY VERY appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS