No internet network icon on taskbar after SP2 update

Have linksys wifi peer-to-peer on two XP Home machines. Desktop has dial-up.
Before upgrade I had an internet network icon show up on the taskbar on the
laptop, when the desktop would connect, from which I could tell the desktop
to disconnect. That icon no longer shows up. The laptop will stll tell the
desktop to dial as soon as I open anything that wants the internet, but I
have no way of disconnecting anymore. Help?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"flygirl" <flygirl@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Have linksys wifi peer-to-peer on two XP Home machines. Desktop has
> dial-up.
> Before upgrade I had an internet network icon show up on the taskbar on
> the
> laptop, when the desktop would connect, from which I could tell the
> desktop
> to disconnect. That icon no longer shows up. The laptop will stll tell
> the
> desktop to dial as soon as I open anything that wants the internet, but I
> have no way of disconnecting anymore. Help?

Go to Networkconnections and do a rightclick on the desired connection and
select propperties.
Check the first box at the bottom.

Grtz,
-r-o-e-v-k-a-

Sorry, forgot to mention, all connections already have that checked. The
problem is that the internet connection actually belongs to the desktop and
somehow the laptop used to 'echo' it and doesn't anymore.