Does BIOS can lie?

I intend to buy used SDRAM PC 133 DIMM module of 128 MB and I have a
question?

1. When I insert stick and if BIOS registers its capacity of 128 MB
during the boot and..
2. If I can start windows normally

Can I safely state that the stick I have tried is OK for my MB?

I have heard of problem with "new" and " old" SDRAM modules so that is
why I want to test it first!

Thanks,
MD

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 22:44:59 +0200, Michael Drach
<mursa5@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I intend to buy used SDRAM PC 133 DIMM module of 128 MB and I have a
>question?
>
>1. When I insert stick and if BIOS registers its capacity of 128 MB
>during the boot and..
>2. If I can start windows normally
>
>Can I safely state that the stick I have tried is OK for my MB?
>
>I have heard of problem with "new" and " old" SDRAM modules so that is
>why I want to test it first!

It does appear the module works with your motherboard but it
would be good to test it with http://www.memtest86.com for a few
hours at least.

much thanks!!!

MD