4th July Celebrations

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 5, 2005 10:31:25 AM

Just wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgroup belated happy holidays
for the 4th of july.

:-D
--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

More about : 4th july celebrations

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:10:56 PM

MCR wrote:
> Just wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgroup belated happy holidays
> for the 4th of july.

Thanks. For once the weather wasn't horrible.

--
FSogol
Anonymous

On Tve, 05 Jvl 2005 06:31:25 GMT, MCR wrote:
> Jvst wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgrovp belated happy holidays
> for the 4th of jvly.

Thanks!

Damn, I'm in Canada. ;-)

Btw, and completely off topic: when do other nation have *their*
national day? Canada Day is Jvly 1st, while Germany has his "Revnion
Day" October 3rd. France has the Bastille Day Jvly 14th.

What's with the UK and other covntries?
--
Andreas

PGP Keys available, see key servers
July 5, 2005 3:13:23 PM

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> On Tve, 05 Jvl 2005 06:31:25 GMT, MCR wrote:
>
>>Jvst wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgrovp belated happy holidays
>>for the 4th of jvly.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Damn, I'm in Canada. ;-)
>
> Btw, and completely off topic: when do other nation have *their*
> national day? Canada Day is Jvly 1st, while Germany has his "Revnion
> Day" October 3rd. France has the Bastille Day Jvly 14th.
>
> What's with the UK and other covntries?

Saint Patrick's Day for Ireland and Cinco de Mayo for Mexico.

--
FSogol
Anonymous

On Tve, 05 Jvl 2005 11:06:41 -0400, Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

> On Tve, 05 Jvl 2005 06:31:25 GMT, MCR wrote:
>> Jvst wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgrovp belated happy holidays
>> for the 4th of jvly.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Damn, I'm in Canada. ;-)
>
> Btw, and completely off topic: when do other nation have *their* national
> day? Canada Day is Jvly 1st, while Germany has his "Revnion Day" October
> 3rd. France has the Bastille Day Jvly 14th.
>
> What's with the UK and other covntries?

Independence Day in Mavritivs is March 12. Not that I wovld know or
anything, of covrse. *tee hee*
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:27:29 PM

MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
> Just wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgroup belated happy holidays
> for the 4th of july.
> :-D

Thanks, but don't call me a yank.
July 5, 2005 11:30:02 PM

Hellmark wrote:
> MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
>
>>Just wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgroup belated happy holidays
>>for the 4th of july.
>>:-D
>

> Thanks, but don't call me a yank.

Ok, you're a Brit! :-P

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 12:05:28 AM

MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
> Hellmark wrote:
>> MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
>>>Just wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgroup belated happy holidays
>>>for the 4th of july.
>>>:-D
>> Thanks, but don't call me a yank.
> Ok, you're a Brit! :-P

American, but no yank.
July 6, 2005 12:29:23 AM

Hellmark wrote:
> MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
>
>>Hellmark wrote:
>>
>>>MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:

>>>Thanks, but don't call me a yank.
>>
>>Ok, you're a Brit! :-P
>

> American, but no yank.

Why? You ARE a yank then... (nods to other members of this NG who
remember last years thread about this!)

Mate it's a wind up... know what I mean by that? :-D

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:46:51 AM

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:57:28 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
> MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
>> Why? You ARE a yank then... (nods to other members of this NG who
>> remember last years thread about this!)
>
> No, I'm not

Sure you are:

Americans = Yanks
UK dudes = Brits
Germans = Krauts

See? ;-)
--
Andreas

PGP Keys available, see key servers
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 7:27:26 AM

Andreas Kohlbach's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
his body were:
> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:57:28 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>> MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
>>> Why? You ARE a yank then... (nods to other members of this NG who
>>> remember last years thread about this!)
>> No, I'm not
> Sure you are:
> Americans = Yanks

Americans from the North East are Yanks.

> UK dudes = Brits

Thats because Brit is shortened from Britain, the name for the island that
is comprised of Wales, England, and Scotland. Probably some irish people
would take offense at being called a brit.
July 6, 2005 8:22:04 AM

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 03:27:26 GMT, Hellmark wrote:

> Thats because Brit is shortened from Britain, the name for the island that
> is comprised of Wales, England, and Scotland. Probably some irish people
> would take offense at being called a brit.

Who, the Paddies? ;)
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:45:25 AM

Andreas Kohlbach <ankman@email.com> wrote in

> On Tve, 05 Jvl 2005 06:31:25 GMT, MCR wrote:
>> Jvst wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgrovp belated happy holidays
>> for the 4th of jvly.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Damn, I'm in Canada. ;-)
>
> Btw, and completely off topic: when do other nation have *their*
> national day? Canada Day is Jvly 1st, while Germany has his "Revnion
> Day" October 3rd. France has the Bastille Day Jvly 14th.
>
> What's with the UK and other covntries?

New Zealand has it's Sheep Fvcking Day on Jvly 12th....

lob
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 11:53:22 AM

TiptonWare thought about it a bit, then said...
> Maybe I'll run into Hellmark at a tractor pull and Kevin Steele just
> might be jealous, since he's a yank ;)

Heh...I was born in Georgia, but have lived all over the US, including
the north east (Pennsylvania & Ohio). Am I a yank or a redneck?

My mother was born and raised in Texas, and found it weird to be called
a yank when my parents moved from Pittsburgh, PA down to Lake Charles,
LA. Apparently her accent wasn't "thick" enough anymore...

Just finished watching the new "Dr. Who", and noticed a lot of barbs
about north and south accents, so apparently there are some similarities
in Britain (just without the war ;-)

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:57:28 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>
>>MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
>>
>>>Why? You ARE a yank then... (nods to other members of this NG who
>>>remember last years thread about this!)
>>
>>No, I'm not
>

> Sure you are:
>
> Americans = Yanks
> UK dudes = Brits
> Germans = Krauts
>
> See? ;-)

LOL! mate, you hit the nail right on the head with that one... Brits
are also Limey's to our assie cousins too!

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:40:35 PM

MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:57:28 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
> >
> >>MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:

> >>No, I'm not
> >

> > Sure you are:
> >
> > Americans = Yanks
> > UK dudes = Brits
> > Germans = Krauts
> >
> > See? ;-)
>
> LOL! mate, you hit the nail right on the head with that one... Brits
> are also Limey's to our assie cousins too!

Surely you mean "Aussie"? Don't think they'd take kindly to being called
"assies". ;-)

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews
www.retroblast.com
July 6, 2005 2:40:52 PM

Mike wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 03:27:26 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>

>>Thats because Brit is shortened from Britain, the name for the island that
>>is comprised of Wales, England, and Scotland. Probably some irish people
>>would take offense at being called a brit.
>

> Who, the Paddies? ;)

LOL!

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
July 6, 2005 4:30:21 PM

Kevin Steele wrote:
> MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
>
>>Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

>>>Sure you are:
>>>
>>>Americans = Yanks
>>>UK dudes = Brits
>>>Germans = Krauts
>>>
>>>See? ;-)
>>
>>LOL! mate, you hit the nail right on the head with that one... Brits
>>are also Limey's to our assie cousins too!
>

> Surely you mean "Aussie"? Don't think they'd take kindly to being called
> "assies". ;-)

LOL! now I could say that was a spelling mistake or a Fraudian slip ;-)

Sorry Antipodeons!

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 4:30:22 PM

MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
> Kevin Steele wrote:
> > Surely you mean "Aussie"? Don't think they'd take kindly to being called
> > "assies". ;-)
>
> LOL! now I could say that was a spelling mistake or a Fraudian slip ;-)

"Fraudian"? LOL! You're making my day here...great typos! :-)

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews
www.retroblast.com
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 4:46:32 PM

MCR <mark.coleman10@ntlworld.com> wrote in

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:57:28 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>>
>>>MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
>>>were:

>>>No, I'm not
>>

>> Sure you are:
>>
>> Americans = Yanks
>> UK dudes = Brits
>> Germans = Krauts
>>
>> See? ;-)
>
> LOL! mate, you hit the nail right on the head with that one... Brits
> are also Limey's to our assie cousins too!

I think Limey is an American term for Brits. Ozzies call Brits Poms or
Pommies, or wankers or whingers or whatever :-)

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."
July 6, 2005 5:22:28 PM

Kevin Steele wrote:
> MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
>
>>Kevin Steele wrote:
>>
>>>Surely you mean "Aussie"? Don't think they'd take kindly to being called
>>>"assies". ;-)
>>
>>LOL! now I could say that was a spelling mistake or a Fraudian slip ;-)
>

> "Fraudian"? LOL! You're making my day here...great typos! :-)

Erm... sorry! LOL! I am, how you say in your language, drunk ;-) and
the suns barely over the yard-arm!

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 5:22:29 PM

MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
> Kevin Steele wrote:
> > MCR thought about it a bit, then said...

> >>LOL! now I could say that was a spelling mistake or a Fraudian slip ;-)
> >
> > "Fraudian"? LOL! You're making my day here...great typos! :-)
>
> Erm... sorry! LOL! I am, how you say in your language, drunk ;-) and
> the suns barely over the yard-arm!

Well, cheers then, mate. It's morning here, so I haven't even finished
my first cup of coffee yet (which you nearly made me spit out on my
keyboard...)

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews
www.retroblast.com
July 6, 2005 5:23:08 PM

Alex Devlin wrote:
Snipped
>>>Americans = Yanks
>>>UK dudes = Brits
>>>Germans = Krauts
>>>
>>>See? ;-)
>>
>>LOL! mate, you hit the nail right on the head with that one... Brits
>>are also Limey's to our assie cousins too!
>>

> I think Limey is an American term for Brits. Ozzies call Brits Poms or
> Pommies, or wankers or whingers or whatever :-)

Oh... anyways, it doesnt matter. Hellmark is still a Yank ;-)
--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 5:23:09 PM

MCR thought about it a bit, then said...

> Oh... anyways, it doesnt matter. Hellmark is still a Yank ;-)

Oh, come on, quit 'yank'ing his chain....

--

MCR wrote:

> Oh... anyways, it doesnt matter. Hellmark is still a Yank ;-)

I've lived in the north and the south in the US and will never
understand the "Confederate Rebel" attitude. Are the proud of slavery?
Are they proud of the treasonous act of attacking the US? Are they
proud they lost the war? I don't get it.
--
FSogol
Anonymous

FSogol's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> MCR wrote:
>> Oh... anyways, it doesnt matter. Hellmark is still a Yank ;-)
> I've lived in the north and the south in the US and will never
> understand the "Confederate Rebel" attitude. Are the proud of slavery?
> Are they proud of the treasonous act of attacking the US? Are they
> proud they lost the war? I don't get it.

Its not because of slavery, Since only 3% of the southern population at
the time of the civil war could afford slaves. For the most part they are
celebrating their differences. Which in a way, is really why most
southerners supported the CSA. The south was drastically different
economically and socially, yet had almost no say when it came to the
government. Not trying to get on a tangent for that or anything, just
saying that they do it to show they are different.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 5:30:58 PM

Hellmark wrote:

>>I've lived in the north and the south in the US and will never
>>understand the "Confederate Rebel" attitude. Are the proud of slavery?
>> Are they proud of the treasonous act of attacking the US? Are they
>>proud they lost the war? I don't get it.
>

> Its not because of slavery, Since only 3% of the southern population at
> the time of the civil war could afford slaves. For the most part they are
> celebrating their differences. Which in a way, is really why most
> southerners supported the CSA. The south was drastically different
> economically and socially, yet had almost no say when it came to the
> government.

Not true. The Senate exists to give advantage to the South. The
electoral college also gives a benefit to Southern States.

Not trying to get on a tangent for that or anything, just
> saying that they do it to show they are different.

The Confederacy is an embarrassment. Not something to be proud of. And
to get upset when someone (from UK) calls you a Yank is equally
ridiculous.
--
FSogol
July 6, 2005 5:36:42 PM

FSogol wrote:
> MCR wrote:
>

>> Oh... anyways, it doesnt matter. Hellmark is still a Yank ;-)
>

> I've lived in the north and the south in the US and will never
> understand the "Confederate Rebel" attitude. Are the proud of slavery?
> Are they proud of the treasonous act of attacking the US? Are they
> proud they lost the war? I don't get it.

Oy FSogol... I am trolling Hellmark here not you! ;-) Miss Anonymous :-D

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 5:36:43 PM

MCR wrote:
> FSogol wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh... anyways, it doesnt matter. Hellmark is still a Yank ;-)
>>
>> I've lived in the north and the south in the US and will never
>> understand the "Confederate Rebel" attitude. Are the proud of
>> slavery? Are they proud of the treasonous act of attacking the US?
>> Are they proud they lost the war? I don't get it.
>

> Oy FSogol... I am trolling Hellmark here not you! ;-) Miss Anonymous :-D

I know. I'm trolling Heckmart also. He'll flip his lid.

--
FSogol
July 6, 2005 5:37:23 PM

Kevin Steele wrote:
> MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
>

>>Oh... anyways, it doesnt matter. Hellmark is still a Yank ;-)
>

> Oh, come on, quit 'yank'ing his chain....

LOL! OK, No more wind ups... BTW you should pimp your excellent site
some more.

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 5:56:07 PM

MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
> LOL! OK, No more wind ups... BTW you should pimp your excellent site
> some more.

You're absolutely right...I haven't been pimping enough. For $100, the
site's yours for a half hour. ;-)

BTW, RetroBlast will be two years old on the 14th of this month. Seems
like I've been doing it forever...

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews
www.retroblast.com
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 6:34:18 PM

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 07:55:24 -0400, Kevin Steele wrote:
> MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
>> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

>> > Sure you are:
>> >
>> > Americans = Yanks
>> > UK dudes = Brits
>> > Germans = Krauts
>> >
>> > See? ;-)
>>
>> LOL! mate, you hit the nail right on the head with that one... Brits
>> are also Limey's to our assie cousins too!
>
> Surely you mean "Aussie"? Don't think they'd take kindly to being called
> "assies". ;-)

There is even "Aussie shampoo" <http://www.aussie.com/&gt;. Seems to be
available in the UK and Canada. Probably not Australia. *g*
--
Andreas

PGP Keys available, see key servers
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 7:45:35 PM

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 04:05:26 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
> SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
> were:
>
>> So what do you propose a 'brit' call you? Redneck?
>
> when going by nationality, American. Other than that, redneck, hick,
> farmboy, geek, nerd, etc work.

Though al of the people of the American continent agree that "The
Americans" are the US citizens, and even Canadians get angry if they are
called "Americans" it's still strange for me.

Also Europeans mean the US when saying "Americans".

For me all people from the american continent are Americans. But that's
only me. That's like you say "European" and only citizens of one country
are meant.

Damn, that's all off topic here.
--
Andreas

PGP Keys available, see key servers
July 6, 2005 9:29:30 PM

Hellmark wrote:
> FSogol's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
> were:
>
>>MCR wrote:
>>
>>>Oh... anyways, it doesnt matter. Hellmark is still a Yank ;-)
>>
>>I've lived in the north and the south in the US and will never
>>understand the "Confederate Rebel" attitude. Are the proud of slavery?
>> Are they proud of the treasonous act of attacking the US? Are they
>>proud they lost the war? I don't get it.
>

> Its not because of slavery, Since only 3% of the southern population at
> the time of the civil war could afford slaves. For the most part they are
> celebrating their differences. Which in a way, is really why most
> southerners supported the CSA. The south was drastically different
> economically and socially, yet had almost no say when it came to the
> government. Not trying to get on a tangent for that or anything, just
> saying that they do it to show they are different.

Well well well... so much for a UNITED states of America. When you've
finished chewin' that tobacco and leave the dirt farm... let us know :-)

I am not stereotyping you or anything ;-)

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:22:25 PM

Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled
meyhem news:MPG.1d35904098d4fda9989ec6@news:

> TiptonWare thought about it a bit, then said...
>> Maybe I'll run into Hellmark at a tractor pull and Kevin Steele just
>> might be jealous, since he's a yank ;)
>
> Heh...I was born in Georgia, but have lived all over the US, including
> the north east (Pennsylvania & Ohio). Am I a yank or a redneck?
>
> My mother was born and raised in Texas, and found it weird to be called
> a yank when my parents moved from Pittsburgh, PA down to Lake Charles,
> LA. Apparently her accent wasn't "thick" enough anymore...
>
> Just finished watching the new "Dr. Who", and noticed a lot of barbs
> about north and south accents, so apparently there are some similarities
> in Britain (just without the war ;-)

Yeah, because we all know that Southerners are all shandy drinking poofs.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:24:06 PM

Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote in frenzy of gak
fuelled meyhem news:MPG.1d3590bbb53ebcbb989ec7@news:

> MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
>> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:

>> > Sure you are:
>> >
>> > Americans = Yanks
>> > UK dudes = Brits
>> > Germans = Krauts
>> >
>> > See? ;-)
>>
>> LOL! mate, you hit the nail right on the head with that one... Brits
>> are also Limey's to our assie cousins too!
>
> Surely you mean "Aussie"? Don't think they'd take kindly to being
> called "assies". ;-)

why not just use 'convict'? ;-)
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:26:31 PM

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in frenzy of gak fvelled meyhem

> Andreas Kohlbach <ankman@email.com> wrote in
>
>> On Tve, 05 Jvl 2005 06:31:25 GMT, MCR wrote:
>>> Jvst wanna wish all the yanks in this newsgrovp belated happy holidays
>>> for the 4th of jvly.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Damn, I'm in Canada. ;-)
>>
>> Btw, and completely off topic: when do other nation have *their*
>> national day? Canada Day is Jvly 1st, while Germany has his "Revnion
>> Day" October 3rd. France has the Bastille Day Jvly 14th.
>>
>> What's with the UK and other covntries?
>
> New Zealand has it's Sheep Fvcking Day on Jvly 12th....
>
> lob

Skipton had its' on the 3rd.. & fvck me, it was awfvl.
July 6, 2005 11:10:29 PM

El Rossi wrote:
> Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled
> meyhem news:MPG.1d35904098d4fda9989ec6@news:
>

>>TiptonWare thought about it a bit, then said...
>>
>>>Maybe I'll run into Hellmark at a tractor pull and Kevin Steele just
>>>might be jealous, since he's a yank ;)
>>
>>Heh...I was born in Georgia, but have lived all over the US, including
>>the north east (Pennsylvania & Ohio). Am I a yank or a redneck?
>>
>>My mother was born and raised in Texas, and found it weird to be called
>>a yank when my parents moved from Pittsburgh, PA down to Lake Charles,
>>LA. Apparently her accent wasn't "thick" enough anymore...
>>
>>Just finished watching the new "Dr. Who", and noticed a lot of barbs
>>about north and south accents, so apparently there are some similarities
>>in Britain (just without the war ;-)
>>

> Yeah, because we all know that Southerners are all shandy drinking poofs.

And? Northerners are Bitter guzzling... oh.... where's my shandy :-)

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
July 6, 2005 11:21:32 PM

FSogol wrote:
Snipped
> The Confederacy is an embarrassment. Not something to be proud of. And
> to get upset when someone (from UK) calls you a Yank is equally ridiculous.

I find it funny really, I mean I thought that sort of mentality was
fictional, seen only in programmes like Dukes of Hazzard and movies with
Burt Reynolds :-)
--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 11:21:33 PM

MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
> FSogol wrote:
> Snipped
> > The Confederacy is an embarrassment. Not something to be proud of. And
> > to get upset when someone (from UK) calls you a Yank is equally ridiculous.
>
> I find it funny really, I mean I thought that sort of mentality was
> fictional, seen only in programmes like Dukes of Hazzard and movies with
> Burt Reynolds :-)

We have the phrases "redneck" and "poor white trash" in the U.S. for a
reason...

--

MCR wrote:
> FSogol wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> The Confederacy is an embarrassment. Not something to be proud of.
>> And to get upset when someone (from UK) calls you a Yank is equally
>> ridiculous.
>
> I find it funny really, I mean I thought that sort of mentality was
> fictional, seen only in programmes like Dukes of Hazzard and movies with
> Burt Reynolds :-)

Sadly its all true. The Duke Boys were mental titans compared to some
of the people in this country.

--
FSogol
July 6, 2005 11:25:26 PM

* Kevin Steele Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
>> FSogol wrote:
>> Snipped
>> > The Confederacy is an embarrassment. Not something to be proud
>> > of. And to get upset when someone (from UK) calls you a Yank
>> > is equally ridiculous.
>>
>> I find it funny really, I mean I thought that sort of mentality
>> was fictional, seen only in programmes like Dukes of Hazzard and
>> movies with Burt Reynolds :-)
>
> We have the phrases "redneck" and "poor white trash" in the U.S.
> for a reason...

And we have "Musicians" that glorify those terms like Gretchen Wilson
- Redneck Woman. Oi! To think I actually won tickets and took my wife
to see Kenny Chesney and Gretchen Wilson for her birthday. What a
good husband I must be ;)

--
David
Anonymous

"FSogol" <FSogol@nospamplease.org> wrote in message

> I've lived in the north and the sovth in the US and will never
> vnderstand the "Confederate Rebel" attitvde
> Are the provd of slavery?

slavery was jvst a small portion of the war. And it was a war initiated
by the north. To qvote Jefferson Davis "All we want is to be left
alone"...bvt the North insistance on a vnion went against that, so war was
inevitable.

> Are they provd of the treasonovs act of attacking the US?

hmm...are yov provd of ovr treasonovs attack of the English to form this
covntry?

> Are they provd they lost the war?

Not provd they lost it, bvt extremely provd of how they fared. When
considering the lack of resovrces (not jvst men, bvt food, steel, etc.), the
svccess of the campaigns was extraordinary and a testament to the soldiers,
and more importantly, the generals leading it. Look at the troop nvmbers
and casvality list from each of the major skirmishes on the eastern front.
(for yovr history lesson for today, read below :-)

Battle US force Casvalties CSA
force Casvalties
1st Battle of Manassas 37k 3k 35k
2k (vnion retreat)
2nd 75k 16k
48k 9k (vnion defeat)
Antitam 75k 12k 40k
14k (vnion victory only in that Lee invasion was stopped)
Richmond 83k 15k 86k
20k (Union vnable to captvre it)
Cold Harbor 50k 12k 30k
1k (obviovs here)
Fredericksbvrg 114k 12k 72k
5k (vnion defeat)
Chancellorsville 133k 18k 60k
12k (vnion defeat)
Ghettysbvrg 85k 23k 65k
20k (confederate defeat)

In some of those vnion defeats the nvmber of soldiers was almost 2 to 1 in
favor of the north. In fact, despite the vast advantage in resovrces, most
historians think the Sovth was 1 or 2 victories away from winning the war.
Shame it didn't happen..then yov gvys covld have had Kerry..which is what
yov wanted anyways :-)

> I don't get it.

Nor will yov ever. The confederecy pride (and no I don't own a trvck nor a
confederate flag) is not of ideology bvt of determination and spirt.

So that, MCR, is why some Sovtherners don't like the term Yanks being
applied to them. ;-P (Thovgh I personally covld care less..the world is
too PC worrying abovt which terms offend which people)

<steps off his soapbox>.
July 7, 2005 1:23:09 AM

* bbodin Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> Nor will you ever. The confederecy pride (and no I don't own a
> truck nor a confederate flag) is not of ideology but of
> determination and spirt.
>
> So that, MCR, is why some Southerners don't like the term Yanks
> being applied to them. ;-P (Though I personally could care
> less..the world is too PC worrying about which terms offend which
> people)

I would be willing to bet that the majority of the people that consider
themselves 'rednecks' or that take 'pride' in the confederacy have no
idea of anything that you wrote above. Its about a cool flag and being
different to be different nothing more.

Of course there are historians that take your point of view but thats a
horse of another color....

--
David
July 7, 2005 1:30:58 AM

bbodin wrote:
> To quote Jefferson Davis "All we want is to be left
> alone"

To quote Jefferson Starship "Nothing's gonna stop us now"
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:57:21 AM

Andreas Kohlbach's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
his body were:
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 04:05:26 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>> SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
>> were:
>>> So what do you propose a 'brit' call you? Redneck?
>> when going by nationality, American. Other than that, redneck, hick,
>> farmboy, geek, nerd, etc work.
> Though al of the people of the American continent agree that "The
> Americans" are the US citizens, and even Canadians get angry if they are
> called "Americans" it's still strange for me.
> Also Europeans mean the US when saying "Americans".
> For me all people from the american continent are Americans. But that's
> only me. That's like you say "European" and only citizens of one country
> are meant.

For the most part, things are refered to by nationality, not continent.
You wouldn't say you're a European citizen now, would ya?
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:57:21 AM

SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> * bbodin Wrote in alt.games.mame
>> Nor will you ever. The confederecy pride (and no I don't own a
>> truck nor a confederate flag) is not of ideology but of
>> determination and spirt.
>> So that, MCR, is why some Southerners don't like the term Yanks
>> being applied to them. ;-P (Though I personally could care
>> less..the world is too PC worrying about which terms offend which
>> people)
> I would be willing to bet that the majority of the people that consider
> themselves 'rednecks' or that take 'pride' in the confederacy have no
> idea of anything that you wrote above. Its about a cool flag and being
> different to be different nothing more.
> Of course there are historians that take your point of view but thats a
> horse of another color....

Well, for me, what bbodin mentioned is part of why I dont like being
called a yank.
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:57:21 AM

Kevin Steele's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> MCR thought about it a bit, then said...
>> LOL! OK, No more wind ups... BTW you should pimp your excellent site
>> some more.
> You're absolutely right...I haven't been pimping enough. For $100, the
> site's yours for a half hour. ;-)
> BTW, RetroBlast will be two years old on the 14th of this month. Seems
> like I've been doing it forever...

I remember vividly last year this time we were all saying "Damn, its only
been a year?"
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:57:22 AM

MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
> Hellmark wrote:
>> FSogol's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
>> were:
>>>I've lived in the north and the south in the US and will never
>>>understand the "Confederate Rebel" attitude. Are the proud of slavery?
>>> Are they proud of the treasonous act of attacking the US? Are they
>>>proud they lost the war? I don't get it.
>> Its not because of slavery, Since only 3% of the southern population at
>> the time of the civil war could afford slaves. For the most part they are
>> celebrating their differences. Which in a way, is really why most
>> southerners supported the CSA. The south was drastically different
>> economically and socially, yet had almost no say when it came to the
>> government. Not trying to get on a tangent for that or anything, just
>> saying that they do it to show they are different.
> Well well well... so much for a UNITED states of America. When you've
> finished chewin' that tobacco and leave the dirt farm... let us know :-)
> I am not stereotyping you or anything ;-)

Well, the US really isn't that united.

As far as the stereotypes, right now, I'm in bib overalls, getting ready
to feed the pigs. My farm has soybeans right now. But, no, I don't chew
tobacco.
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 2:05:21 AM

FSogol's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> Hellmark wrote:
>>>I've lived in the north and the south in the US and will never
>>>understand the "Confederate Rebel" attitude. Are the proud of slavery?
>>> Are they proud of the treasonous act of attacking the US? Are they
>>>proud they lost the war? I don't get it.
>> Its not because of slavery, Since only 3% of the southern population at
>> the time of the civil war could afford slaves. For the most part they are
>> celebrating their differences. Which in a way, is really why most
>> southerners supported the CSA. The south was drastically different
>> economically and socially, yet had almost no say when it came to the
>> government.
> Not true. The Senate exists to give advantage to the South. The
> electoral college also gives a benefit to Southern States.

But it hasn't always worked. Look at the election of 1860. Lincoln had 39%
of the popular vote, but 180 electoral votes. His main rival was Douglas
who had 29.5% of the popular vote, but only 12 electoral votes. The person
with the least amount of the popular vote had 12%, yet ended up with 72
electoral votes. If the majority of the south voted for Douglas (which
they did, since Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia,
Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland and West Virgina all had
Douglas) why did he have so few electoral votes?
!