wireless security enabled

I have tried to set up the following wireless security . I have linksys with
speed booster. When I set the security as wpa-psk and use tkip it sets up ok
however windows will not open the connection. Is there something I am missing?
When I set the security as open and disable windows opens the network ok.

Thanks for the help

If you are able to connect using OPEN with no encryption then that must be
the configuration on the access point. The security settings on the access
point are not being applied to the network. Double check that the settings
are being saved and check the documentation to see if you need to
restart/reboot the access point to apply settings.

--
Jerry Peterson
Windows Network Services - Wireless

"homework" <homework@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to set up the following wireless security . I have linksys
>with
> speed booster. When I set the security as wpa-psk and use tkip it sets up
> ok
> however windows will not open the connection. Is there something I am
> missing?
> When I set the security as open and disable windows opens the network ok.
>
> Thanks for the help

I would suggestion that you contact Linsys Tech Support they helped me with
the security and everything

"homework" <homework@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to set up the following wireless security . I have linksys
>with
> speed booster. When I set the security as wpa-psk and use tkip it sets up
> ok
> however windows will not open the connection. Is there something I am
> missing?
> When I set the security as open and disable windows opens the network ok.
>
> Thanks for the help

TRENDING THREADS