Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, ..

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Hardware
  • Tyan
  • CD-Rom
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
August 9, 2004 2:45:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

Folks:

I am interested in building my own Network Server Appliances. For now I
just want to study/investigate the necessary HARDWARE to build my
Appliances.

Specifically, I am interested in getting the following hardware:

* Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD,
1 CD, LED Panel, etc)

Actually the manufacturer need not be TYAN. Any reliable manufacturer (for
example; SuperMicro, etc)
will be quite OK for me. For now, I just want to investigate the (Tyan/ Etc
Mini Rack Mount Case)
being put onto the market by a variety of manufacturers Later on I will move
onto the SOFTWARE side
of the APPLIANCE creation process.

* Can anyone tell me where I can purchase (AT THE RETAIL LEVEL) Mini 1U
Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, LED Panel, etc)
from various manufacturers.

* I would love to hear about the experiences of folks who are
successfully building network server appliances for various purposes.

Thanks,
John.

More about : tyan mini rack mount chassis 200w

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 9, 2004 2:45:17 AM

JohnNews wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I am interested in building my own Network Server Appliances. For now I
> just want to study/investigate the necessary HARDWARE to build my
> Appliances.
>
> Specifically, I am interested in getting the following hardware:
>
> * Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD,
> 1 CD, LED Panel, etc)
>
> Actually the manufacturer need not be TYAN. Any reliable manufacturer (for
> example; SuperMicro, etc)
> will be quite OK for me. For now, I just want to investigate the (Tyan/ Etc
> Mini Rack Mount Case)
> being put onto the market by a variety of manufacturers Later on I will move
> onto the SOFTWARE side
> of the APPLIANCE creation process.
>
> * Can anyone tell me where I can purchase (AT THE RETAIL LEVEL) Mini 1U
> Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, LED Panel, etc)
> from various manufacturers.

Check the case - rack mount section on pricewatch.com.

!