Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, ..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

Folks:

I am interested in building my own Network Server Appliances. For now I
just want to study/investigate the necessary HARDWARE to build my
Appliances.

Specifically, I am interested in getting the following hardware:

* Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD,
1 CD, LED Panel, etc)

Actually the manufacturer need not be TYAN. Any reliable manufacturer (for
example; SuperMicro, etc)
will be quite OK for me. For now, I just want to investigate the (Tyan/ Etc
Mini Rack Mount Case)
being put onto the market by a variety of manufacturers Later on I will move
onto the SOFTWARE side
of the APPLIANCE creation process.

* Can anyone tell me where I can purchase (AT THE RETAIL LEVEL) Mini 1U
Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, LED Panel, etc)
from various manufacturers.

* I would love to hear about the experiences of folks who are
successfully building network server appliances for various purposes.

Thanks,
John.
1 answer Last reply
More about tyan mini rack mount chassis 200w
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

    JohnNews wrote:

    > Folks:
    >
    > I am interested in building my own Network Server Appliances. For now I
    > just want to study/investigate the necessary HARDWARE to build my
    > Appliances.
    >
    > Specifically, I am interested in getting the following hardware:
    >
    > * Tyan Mini 1U Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD,
    > 1 CD, LED Panel, etc)
    >
    > Actually the manufacturer need not be TYAN. Any reliable manufacturer (for
    > example; SuperMicro, etc)
    > will be quite OK for me. For now, I just want to investigate the (Tyan/ Etc
    > Mini Rack Mount Case)
    > being put onto the market by a variety of manufacturers Later on I will move
    > onto the SOFTWARE side
    > of the APPLIANCE creation process.
    >
    > * Can anyone tell me where I can purchase (AT THE RETAIL LEVEL) Mini 1U
    > Rack Mount Chassis (14", 200W, 1/2 HD, 1 CD, LED Panel, etc)
    > from various manufacturers.

    Check the case - rack mount section on pricewatch.com.

    > * I would love to hear about the experiences of folks who are
    > successfully building network server appliances for various purposes.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John.

Homebuilt Hardware Tyan CD-Rom Systems