TYAN Transport GS12 (B5103)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

Folks:

I would like to purchase the Transport GS12 (B5103) in RETAIL quantities.
This compact rack mount case is made by TYAN.
I would prefer to deal with folks who have RECENT, SPECIFIC retail buying
experiences in the USA.

One of my favorite hardware company (www.tyan.com) recently released a Mini
1U Rack Mount chassis called the Transport GS12 (B5103).
This is great for the compact server market. A very useful feature of the
Transport GS12 (B5103) is its front panel LCD display with 6-button
easy access keypad. The Transport GS12 (B5103) is NOT sold by TYAN at the
retail level, but rather to: Resellers, OEMs, System Builders,
Integrators. If you need a graphic and more details about the Transport
GS12 (B5103); check the following sites :

* http://www.tyan.com/products/html/gs12b5103.html
* http://www.tyan.com/html/whats_new.html
* http://www.tyan.com/html/pr04_gs12b5103.html

Now I would like to build my own servers for a variety of purposes using
this same Transport GS12 (B5103) as my hardware platform. However, I
cannot seem to locate the Transport GS12 (B5103) from any of the resellers
(online or otherwise). In fact when I do locate a mini 1U rack mount,
the LCD display seems to be missing.

* Where can I purchase the Transport GS12 (B5103) in small/retail
quantities ?

Thanks,
John

Transport GS12 (B5103)
Compact and flexible, the Tyan Transport GS12 (B5103G12) offers customers a
small sub-1U solution for security, gateway, and data serving applications
with Linux and Windows support. Supporting a single Intel(r) Pentium(r) 4
processor with 800FSB, other features include two (2) SATA internal 3.5"
drive
bays, and front panel LCD display with 6-button easy access keypad. Add a
single 32-bit PCI slot on riser, active fan control, and 300W power supply
with
PFC, and customers will find that the Transport GS12 (B5103G12) fits any
range of compact server applications.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned (More info?)

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:11:33 GMT, "JohnNews"
<johncarryl@comcast.net> wrote:

>Folks:
>

>I would like to purchase the Transport GS12 (B5103) in RETAIL quantities.

http://www.google.com/froogle?q=Tyan+Transport+LCD

TRENDING THREADS