AMD XP 2600(266fsb) showing as a Duron on boot up and syst..

tsunami

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2004

I tried to upgrade from a AMD XP 1600 to a AMD XP 2600 and I noticed
immediately that Duron appeared instead of Athlon XP. The system runs
fine for 5 minutes and then turns off. I have a XFX kt400anb MO with
the latest BIOS update. I reinstalled the chip and got the same
response. I have since reinstalled the origianl 1600 chip and
everything works fine. Any ideas?

jk

First of all, do you have a high quality power supply that is at least 300
watts?
Do you have a heatsink that is designed to handle an XP2600+? I hope
you have a 2600+ 266, and not a 2600+ 333.

tsunami wrote:

> I tried to upgrade from a AMD XP 1600 to a AMD XP 2600 and I noticed
> immediately that Duron appeared instead of Athlon XP. The system runs
> fine for 5 minutes and then turns off. I have a XFX kt400anb MO with
> the latest BIOS update. I reinstalled the chip and got the same
> response. I have since reinstalled the origianl 1600 chip and
> everything works fine. Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS