Trouble with Airport Express and Microsoft MN-500 Wireless..

My wireless network uses the Microsoft MN-500 router. I
currently have 3 PC's connected and working flawlessly with
my cable internet connection. I just purchased a Power Mac
G5 with Airport Express. Airport finds my Network, but
gives an error message saying it had a problem connecting to
it. It gives no hint as to what the specific problem is.
I'm well within range (about 20 feet), have the Airport
antenna plugged in and have disabled all security (like WEP
and MAC filtering). I set up a conference call with both
Apple and Microsoft tech support and both were clueless
(though quite ready to blame the other's product).

I greatly appreciate any help anyone may be able to give me.
1 answer Last reply
More about trouble airport express microsoft wireless

    All MS wireless hardware has been discontinued and the 500 is really old now
    and should be tossed. Even my MN 700 router doesn't work with the newer
    security formats & will never be updated. Do yourself a favor and buy a newer
    wireless router that uses WPA2 security. Read about it here & research it on
    the Web:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893357
    "mfrank1" wrote:

    > My wireless network uses the Microsoft MN-500 router. I
    > currently have 3 PC's connected and working flawlessly with
    > my cable internet connection. I just purchased a Power Mac
    > G5 with Airport Express. Airport finds my Network, but
    > gives an error message saying it had a problem connecting to
    > it. It gives no hint as to what the specific problem is.
    > I'm well within range (about 20 feet), have the Airport
    > antenna plugged in and have disabled all security (like WEP
    > and MAC filtering). I set up a conference call with both
    > Apple and Microsoft tech support and both were clueless
    > (though quite ready to blame the other's product).
    >
    > I greatly appreciate any help anyone may be able to give me.

Wireless Microsoft Wireless Networking