Canon MP730 slow color scan?

I just saw the following in another group"

"THIS IS A MONOCROME SCANNER! It must scan a color image three times for
each

of the primary colors! (That's why they call it 'multipass. Get it? I did!)

So, if you don't mind sitting there for three min. or so to scan in a color

photo then you are getting a lot of smooth running hardwear for you money.

But I feel like i've been duped! Drat! Double drat! Triple drat!! So let

that be a lesson to all of ya! I will call newegg and canon to see what will

be done."

I've got an mp730 coming in the mail and I'm interested in opinions...

"r" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I just saw the following in another group"
>
> "THIS IS A MONOCROME SCANNER! It must scan a color image three times for
> each
>
> of the primary colors! (That's why they call it 'multipass. Get it? I
did!)

> So, if you don't mind sitting there for three min. or so to scan in a
color

> photo then you are getting a lot of smooth running hardwear for you money.
>
> But I feel like i've been duped! Drat! Double drat! Triple drat!! So let
>
> that be a lesson to all of ya! I will call newegg and canon to see what
will

> be done."
>

> I've got an mp730 coming in the mail and I'm interested in opinions...

Obviously this was posted by someone that is clueless! I truly wonder
sometimes where some people get their information.

It is called a MultiPASS as it that is Canon's trademark name for their
multifunction machines (copier, printer, fax all-in-one). I use one daily
and can assure you it is a color scanner in a single pass. .