Canon MP730 slow color scan?

I just saw the following in another group"

"THIS IS A MONOCROME SCANNER! It must scan a color image three times for
each

of the primary colors! (That's why they call it 'multipass. Get it? I did!)

So, if you don't mind sitting there for three min. or so to scan in a color

photo then you are getting a lot of smooth running hardwear for you money.

But I feel like i've been duped! Drat! Double drat! Triple drat!! So let

that be a lesson to all of ya! I will call newegg and canon to see what will

be done."

I've got an mp730 coming in the mail and I'm interested in opinions...

More about canon mp730 slow color scan

    "r" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > I just saw the following in another group"
    >
    > "THIS IS A MONOCROME SCANNER! It must scan a color image three times for
    > each
    >
    > of the primary colors! (That's why they call it 'multipass. Get it? I
    did!)

    > So, if you don't mind sitting there for three min. or so to scan in a
    color

    > photo then you are getting a lot of smooth running hardwear for you money.
    >
    > But I feel like i've been duped! Drat! Double drat! Triple drat!! So let
    >
    > that be a lesson to all of ya! I will call newegg and canon to see what
    will

    > be done."
    >

    > I've got an mp730 coming in the mail and I'm interested in opinions...

    Obviously this was posted by someone that is clueless! I truly wonder
    sometimes where some people get their information.

    It is called a MultiPASS as it that is Canon's trademark name for their
    multifunction machines (copier, printer, fax all-in-one). I use one daily
    and can assure you it is a color scanner in a single pass. .

Printers Canon Peripherals