How to configure UPS service

I'm unable to start UPS in Administrative Tools| Services.

Pop up message says "could not start Uninterrutable Power Supply service
on local computer. ERROR 2481 : The UPS service is nt configured correctly."

ana

Fitz

In Device Manager select Power Options, then the UPS tab.
Click on Select and choose the manufacture (Generic, unless it is APC) and
the Comm Port you will be using. Click next, and set the signal parity.
These setting should be available from the instructions in your UPS or on
the manufacturer web site (provided it will run using the windows default
program). Then go to the Configure tab and set user preferences.

I have a CyberPower UPS, and it is compatible with the Windows UPS program
(I don't have to install the CyberPower software, though I did have to load
the drivers). The parity settings were on the website, not included in the
instruction manual.

If your UPS is not compatible with the Windows UPS program, the instructions
should specify that. You should make sure the Windows UPS is disabled, and
follow the UPS instructions for getting their software installed and
working.

Good Luck,
Fitz