External exception E06D7363 message with Linksys card

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
May 28, 2005 3:11:02 PM

Hi All
I have a Compaq 1510 Laptop running XP Home with SP2. I have just installed
a Linksys Wireless-G Adapter (WPC54G) and everytime I try to start the
software for the adapter, an error message "External exception E06D7363 "
pops up endlessly. Disabling the Linksys software and using Windows to
configure and use the adapter results in the following - connecting to the
access point for a few seconds and then losing the connection immediately.
This carries on repeatedly.

Please help.
many thanks
May 28, 2005 4:48:01 PM

Yesterday I bought a Linksys WAG54G Wireless-G ADSL Gateway and a Wireless-G
adapter at Comet. I wanted to set up a wireless network for my laptops Soy
Vaio and top range Packard bell. I am on AOL Platinum and my operating
system is XP. I tried the quick set up - conection protocol - PPoA, VPI - 0,
VCI - 38. I even set up new screen name and remembered to use lower case for
name and password and included @aol.com afterscreen name. No joy! I phoned
the Linksys technical helpline and was on for 35 minutes but that didn't work
either and the technical assistant gave up on me. I have tried all day today
but still no joy. Sometimes I can get a network established but can't get
the internet. This is so frustrating. The wireless network (when
established is good but why oh why can't I get AOL or internet explorer?). I
am not an expert but am not completely computer illiterate. Can someone give
me step by step instructions as to how to set up a wireless network and get
AOL and iternet explorer. PLEASE
My e-mail address is Ronniedon1@aol.com
--
Cheers