External exception E06D7363 message with Linksys card

Hi All
I have a Compaq 1510 Laptop running XP Home with SP2. I have just installed
a Linksys Wireless-G Adapter (WPC54G) and everytime I try to start the
software for the adapter, an error message "External exception E06D7363 "
pops up endlessly. Disabling the Linksys software and using Windows to
configure and use the adapter results in the following - connecting to the
access point for a few seconds and then losing the connection immediately.
This carries on repeatedly.

Please help.
many thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about external exception e06d7363 message linksys card

    Yesterday I bought a Linksys WAG54G Wireless-G ADSL Gateway and a Wireless-G
    adapter at Comet. I wanted to set up a wireless network for my laptops Soy
    Vaio and top range Packard bell. I am on AOL Platinum and my operating
    system is XP. I tried the quick set up - conection protocol - PPoA, VPI - 0,
    VCI - 38. I even set up new screen name and remembered to use lower case for
    name and password and included @aol.com afterscreen name. No joy! I phoned
    the Linksys technical helpline and was on for 35 minutes but that didn't work
    either and the technical assistant gave up on me. I have tried all day today
    but still no joy. Sometimes I can get a network established but can't get
    the internet. This is so frustrating. The wireless network (when
    established is good but why oh why can't I get AOL or internet explorer?). I
    am not an expert but am not completely computer illiterate. Can someone give
    me step by step instructions as to how to set up a wireless network and get
    AOL and iternet explorer. PLEASE
    My e-mail address is Ronniedon1@aol.com
    --
    Cheers