Rank newbie question - browser setup?

I just got my first wireless connection a few minutes back, am
attempting to access the web. Wireless network connection in system tray
says it's "excellent, 11.0 mbps." My browsers, however, just go
searching for for my broadband login, ignoring the wifi.

Do I need to configure the browser (i'm using Mozilla Tbird) and/or
email client to get it to work with wifi? Or is something else the
hangup here?

Appreciate your advice, will roll with any flames.

czyp

Malke

czyp wrote:

> I just got my first wireless connection a few minutes back, am
> attempting to access the web. Wireless network connection in system
> tray says it's "excellent, 11.0 mbps." My browsers, however, just go
> searching for for my broadband login, ignoring the wifi.
>
> Do I need to configure the browser (i'm using Mozilla Tbird) and/or
> email client to get it to work with wifi? Or is something else the
> hangup here?
>
> Appreciate your advice, will roll with any flames.
>
> czyp

No, you've got something else set up incorrectly. Your wireless
connection *is* using your broadband and if your (presumably) wired
broadband works, you have the Internet connection set up correctly. You
need to configure the Wireless connection now. Here are some links to
help you:

Wireless - Basic Configuration -

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Well, since none of the experts have shown up, as far as I know the browser
will use whatever connection you have open. If you are logged onto your
internet connection and the WiFi is set up correctly, it will just do it's
thing.

In IE, under internet options, connections, you can tell it not to dial for
a connection. If you have it checked to always dial, that may be a problem.
Maybe you should just give how you have the connections area set up in your
browser.

Clark