Pocket Internet Explorer doesn't work

August 4, 2004 1:47:08 PM

I'd recently purchased a SMC EZ Connect CF wireless card.
I'd installed the driver and was able to retrieve emails
from my POP3 account using the wireless CF card. That
means I've no problem connect to internet through my
wireless router. However when I tried to use the Pocket
Internet Explorer (PIE) to browse web, it's always stuck
at the default home page. I'd tried to enter the website
directly on the address bar and then click the GO button
on the top right corner, nothing happen. No matter how
hard I tried, the PIE is always stuck at the default
homepage which is a local html file. Since I can retrieve
and reply emails from my POP3 account from my PDA
wirelessly, so there's no problem for the connection.
Then why the PIE doesn't let me browse the web? It
doesn't even give me "Page Not Found" error. Anyone has
any idea?
Thanks.
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 4:00:38 PM

Have you tried...

1. A soft reset?
2. Running the \Windows\welcome.exe file on the PPC?

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

!