jp

Looking to build a new system. This will only be my second build. My first
was two years ago, which I am still using. It is Abit KT7A (MB) with an AMD
Athlon 1200 MHz.

I can't decide which MB to go with, an Asus (A8V) or an Abit (AV8). Any
suggestions-pros or cons either way-from current users would be appreciated.

Get an Abit NF7-S 2.0 and plonk a mobile 2500 Barton in it and run it
at 2.5ghz thats what i did.

Or go an AMD 64 2800 or higher.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:40:26 -0400, "JP" <JPxxxPJ64@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Looking to build a new system. This will only be my second build. My first
>was two years ago, which I am still using. It is Abit KT7A (MB) with an AMD
>Athlon 1200 MHz.
>

>I can't decide which MB to go with, an Asus (A8V) or an Abit (AV8). Any
>suggestions-pros or cons either way-from current users would be appreciated.

HELLO NURSE.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003

"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Get an Abit NF7-S 2.0 and plonk a mobile 2500 Barton in it and run it
> at 2.5ghz thats what i did.
>
> Or go an AMD 64 2800 or higher.

AV8 & A8V are both socket 939.which means minimum AMD64 3500+.

Both supposed to be good boards so i can understand OPs dilemma .
If you go ASUS make sure to get a Rev. 2.

jp

Thanks, OCZ Guy and BUFF, for the response, I apprecaite it.

JP