Editing problems

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Hi,

I have purchased an Asus P4 R800 DELUXE and installed WinXP Pro.
I edit video with Pinnacle DV500.

My problem is that Windows XP hangs when I use Premiere , when I move
video on the video track...

BSOD and rebbot...

I have noticed that if I disable Pinnacle e4 driver, it doesn't hang,
but the rendering of images in video track...

I have tested with new drivers, changing into different PCI slots...

TIA

Which version of Pinnacle do you own? Version 9 has some MAJOR issues with SP2 and they released a patch.. called Pinnacle 10.

Please give me your SP#, and Version of the software you are using. I believe in either case, its the software and not card.

Instead of editing (as it may be usefull info to somebody), I will just amend.

I realized (after taking a walk) that you said Pinnacle was the device, and Premiere is the software.

So, Which version of Premiere? 7? 6? 5?
I have used Premiere with the Pinnacle DV system and was able to capture video, but in the end, had trouble with the specific version of the Pinnacle software (9).

Did you install Pinnacle too? And which version?