control keys keep sticking

this problem just started happening recently.

using winXP and mame .76 i start a game and the controls will stick. as in
if i press right.. it sticks on right arrow until it decides it's had
enough.

this sticking effectively locks out all other key presses and i have to hit
ESC constantly to quit the game.

thx.

"Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in

> this problem just started happening recently.
>
> using winXP and mame .76 i start a game and the controls will stick. as
> in if i press right.. it sticks on right arrow until it decides it's had
> enough.
>
> this sticking effectively locks out all other key presses and i have to
> hit ESC constantly to quit the game.
>
> thx.

Try deleating default.cfg

If that doesn't work then check to make sure you have no weird software
running in the background or even a screwed up keyboard.

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Alex Devlin wrote:
> "Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in
>

>>this problem just started happening recently.
>>
>>using winXP and mame .76 i start a game and the controls will stick. as
>>in if i press right.. it sticks on right arrow until it decides it's had
>>enough.
>>
>>this sticking effectively locks out all other key presses and i have to
>>hit ESC constantly to quit the game.
>>
>>thx.
>

> Try deleating default.cfg
>
> If that doesn't work then check to make sure you have no weird software
> running in the background or even a screwed up keyboard.

What? No one want to make any jokes about not watching pRon on a PC?

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

MCR <mark.coleman10@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:Zkhze.10731$Pe4.8305
@newsfe4-win.ntli.net:

> Alex Devlin wrote:
>> "Keith in NJ" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in
>>

>>>this problem just started happening recently.
>>>
>>>using winXP and mame .76 i start a game and the controls will stick. as
>>>in if i press right.. it sticks on right arrow until it decides it's had
>>>enough.
>>>
>>>this sticking effectively locks out all other key presses and i have to
>>>hit ESC constantly to quit the game.
>>>
>>>thx.
>>

>> Try deleating default.cfg
>>
>> If that doesn't work then check to make sure you have no weird software
>> running in the background or even a screwed up keyboard.
>>

> What? No one want to make any jokes about not watching pRon on a PC?

Thought you had that problem under control mate...

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Alex Devlin wrote:
Snipped

>>What? No one want to make any jokes about not watching pRon on a PC?
>>

> Thought you had that problem under control mate...

I have my up day's, and my down days, y' know ;-)

--

MCR wrote:

>>> What? No one want to make any jokes about not watching pRon on a PC?
>>
>> Thought you had that problem under control mate...
>
> I have my up day's, and my down days, y' know ;-)

Groan. Someone mention the Nazis so this thread can die.

--
FSogol