wireless speed question 2

danr

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003

I recently upgraded from 802.11B to G. On my winMe machine (desktop) I am using
the Linksys wireless network monitor. The B version only gave signal strength
but the G version gives signal strength and speed. My transmit rate / receive
rate varies from a low of 5.5 Mbs to in the 40 Mbs range. I can not determine
any reason for the wide range of speed differences. It does not seem to be time
of day or weather related.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
Disable all the security filters and put the client few feet away from the
source.
If the same behavior occurs under this condition you might have Bad
hardware.
If it only occurs when the filters are On and the client is further away you
might have around a strong source of Noise (like 2,4GHz tel.), or and you
are the end of the functional range.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"DanR" <dhr22@sorrynospm.com> wrote in message
> I recently upgraded from 802.11B to G. On my winMe machine (desktop) I am
using
> the Linksys wireless network monitor. The B version only gave signal
strength
> but the G version gives signal strength and speed. My transmit rate /
receive
> rate varies from a low of 5.5 Mbs to in the 40 Mbs range. I can not
determine
> any reason for the wide range of speed differences. It does not seem to be
time
> of day or weather related.
> Has anyone else experienced this issue?

TRENDING THREADS