ECC or registered memory?

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Do I need to buy ECC or registered memory when using an Intel 865GBFL mobo
with a Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ Model# BX80546PG3200E?

Will Kingston memory model number: KVR400X64C3A/512 work?

To me this is the hardest part of building a system is matching the mobo,
processor and memory.

Thanks
HD

"Sparky" <notavailable@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Do I need to buy ECC or registered memory when using an Intel 865GBFL mobo
> with a Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ Model# BX80546PG3200E?
>
> Will Kingston memory model number: KVR400X64C3A/512 work?

Check on Kingston's website.

-- Bob Day

Sparky wrote:

> Do I need to buy ECC or registered memory when using an Intel 865GBFL mobo
> with a Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ Model# BX80546PG3200E?
>
> Will Kingston memory model number: KVR400X64C3A/512 work?
>
> To me this is the hardest part of building a system is matching the mobo,
> processor and memory.
>
> Thanks
> HD

Why not check the manufacturer's web site to see what they say?

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/bf_mem.htm

The Desktop Board D865GBF has four DIMM sockets and support the following
memory features:

2.6 V (only) 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following
restriction:
Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported
4 GB maximum total system memory
Minimum total system memory: 64 MB
Non-ECC DIMMs
Serial Presence Detect
DDR400, DDR333, and DDR266 SDRAM DIMMs

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Intel 865GBFL does not support ECC or registered memory. KVR400X64C3A/512
(512MB 400MHz DDR PC3200 DIMM (3-3-3) Dual Channel) should work fine with
Intel 865GBFL motherboard.
--
David Wang - Tech Support
Extreme Node - Blade servers based on the standard ATX form factor