'Halftone' output sought

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 17, 2004 1:01:21 PM

My aging NEC Superscript 860 has a nice feature: "Optimize for
Photocopy Reproduction". The effect is a quasi-halftone effect that
was very nice for photocopy (and offset) reproduction. Are there any
laser printers or add-on programs that can produce the same sort of
effect?

More about : halftone output sought

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 3:59:52 AM

> My aging NEC Superscript 860 has a nice feature: "Optimize for
> Photocopy Reproduction". The effect is a quasi-halftone effect that
> was very nice for photocopy (and offset) reproduction. Are there any
> laser printers or add-on programs that can produce the same sort of
> effect?

Color Laserjet 9500 has a 8-Bit Contone Mode, the Minolta 2350 and 7300
have 4-Bit Contone.

Denis
!