Closed Solved

Question about installing Windows 7 on Raid 0

Does anybody know what drivers should be better to use when installing Windows 7 on Raid 0. Should I use the drivers that comes by default in Windows 7 or should I download the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers? Please help if you can. Thanks! :)
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question installing windows raid
  1. Always use what comes on the MoBo CD.....or latest version from manufacturer web site
  2. Oh ok cool. Thanks for the reply. I should be able to put the drivers on a memory stick and install through there? Please help if you can. Thanks! :)
  3. Best answer
    In short you will have to activate RAID mode in computer BIOS then define the array in your controller's BIOS (just after PC BIOS post) by pressing a specific key combination then reboot and yes if you have your drivers installed on a memory stick, windows 7 should be able to detect it. Windows XP required a floppy disk.

Possibly needless to say but when creating or deleting a RAID array deletes all data on disks...
  4. Best answer selected by efx2001.
  5. Thanks for the reply. :D
  6. Thanks as well :)
  7. I have downloaded the latest Raid drivers for a asus p4p800-se and stored them on a memory stick. When I start to install windows 7 it does not detect my raid array. Windows 7 does not display any hard drives in the menu. I tried to load the raid drivers in the setup menu but windows doesn't detect anything. I am able to install winxp on the raid array. Please help me if you can. Thanks :D
  8. Well I think you are out of luck. :( That model doesn't seem to support windows 7 (only found xp drivers or older at asus site) so if windows 7 doesn't detect the array by itself (without you loading any drivers) then you can't have raid and windows 7. Your other option would be to get a SATA controller with drivers for windows 7. That would be around 20$ for a basic one if I'm not mistaken.
  9. After I did some research also I figured out that windows 7 doesn't support that chipset in raid config. Thank you very much for the reply. :D
  10. You are more than welcome :) Good luck!
  11. I am trying to install window's 7 in a raid 0 in my new system, I got the drivers on the mobo cd copyed to a usb drive, but not sure which one to use. I pick on set and the windos install starts, but I get an error during the windows expanding file "windows cannot instal reqiered files the file my be missing or corrupt" any sug jestions. I have the bios set up as a raid 0 with 2 60 Gg SSd's
  12. This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Drivers NAS / RAID