Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Question about installing Windows 7 on Raid 0

Last response: in Windows 7
February 23, 2011 9:11:38 PM

Does anybody know what drivers should be better to use when installing Windows 7 on Raid 0. Should I use the drivers that comes by default in Windows 7 or should I download the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers? Please help if you can. Thanks! :) 
a b $ Windows 7
a b \ Driver
February 23, 2011 9:13:48 PM

Always use what comes on the MoBo CD.....or latest version from manufacturer web site
February 23, 2011 9:17:01 PM

Oh ok cool. Thanks for the reply. I should be able to put the drivers on a memory stick and install through there? Please help if you can. Thanks! :) 
Related resources

Best solution

February 24, 2011 7:28:39 AM

In short you will have to activate RAID mode in computer BIOS then define the array in your controller's BIOS (just after PC BIOS post) by pressing a specific key combination then reboot and yes if you have your drivers installed on a memory stick, windows 7 should be able to detect it. Windows XP required a floppy disk.

Possibly needless to say but when creating or deleting a RAID array deletes all data on disks...
February 24, 2011 11:18:22 AM

Best answer selected by efx2001.
February 24, 2011 11:19:14 AM

Thanks for the reply. :D 
February 24, 2011 11:25:24 AM

Thanks as well :) 
February 26, 2011 5:46:16 PM

I have downloaded the latest Raid drivers for a asus p4p800-se and stored them on a memory stick. When I start to install windows 7 it does not detect my raid array. Windows 7 does not display any hard drives in the menu. I tried to load the raid drivers in the setup menu but windows doesn't detect anything. I am able to install winxp on the raid array. Please help me if you can. Thanks :D 
February 27, 2011 12:43:20 PM

Well I think you are out of luck. :(  That model doesn't seem to support windows 7 (only found xp drivers or older at asus site) so if windows 7 doesn't detect the array by itself (without you loading any drivers) then you can't have raid and windows 7. Your other option would be to get a SATA controller with drivers for windows 7. That would be around 20$ for a basic one if I'm not mistaken.
February 27, 2011 12:56:50 PM

After I did some research also I figured out that windows 7 doesn't support that chipset in raid config. Thank you very much for the reply. :D 
February 27, 2011 1:09:57 PM

You are more than welcome :)  Good luck!
October 17, 2011 2:48:04 PM

I am trying to install window's 7 in a raid 0 in my new system, I got the drivers on the mobo cd copyed to a usb drive, but not sure which one to use. I pick on set and the windos install starts, but I get an error during the windows expanding file "windows cannot instal reqiered files the file my be missing or corrupt" any sug jestions. I have the bios set up as a raid 0 with 2 60 Gg SSd's
a b $ Windows 7
a b \ Driver
October 17, 2011 3:12:19 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
!