  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
September 11, 2004 2:41:30 AM

Hello all.

I have a new computer, windows xp is the operating system and all the
drivers are loaded and its running fine.
So what is my problem?
When a USB device is connected and turned on it works OK. If the computer is
then rebooted it goes through start up and the windows xp logo appears, the
page then turns black and hangs it does not reach the welcome screen. If I
turn off the USB device or if I remove the USB lead the computer then
continues as if nothing had happened.

Anyone know what I can do to sort this problem out.

Thanks

More about : usb problem

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 11, 2004 11:53:38 PM

"Steve" <infonoreply@s.com> wrote in message
> Hello all.
>
> I have a new computer, windows xp is the operating system and all the
> drivers are loaded and its running fine.
> So what is my problem?
> When a USB device is connected and turned on it works OK. If the computer
is
> then rebooted it goes through start up and the windows xp logo appears,
the
> page then turns black and hangs it does not reach the welcome screen. If I
> turn off the USB device or if I remove the USB lead the computer then
> continues as if nothing had happened.
>
> Anyone know what I can do to sort this problem out.
>
> Thanks

check in the bios USB settings also, what motherboard, did you run the
motherboard set up disk?

September 12, 2004 11:12:27 PM

The motherboard is an Asrock P4i45E and the drivers loaded.

Thanks

> check in the bios USB settings also, what motherboard, did you run the
> motherboard set up disk?

a b B Homebuilt system
September 14, 2004 2:02:00 AM

> The motherboard is an Asrock P4i45E and the drivers loaded.
>
> Thanks
>
> > check in the bios USB settings also, what motherboard, did you run the
> > motherboard set up disk?

twice now, I have come across similar problems because the PSU did not
supply enough power to supply all my drives and the USB devices. This might
not be your answer but it is worth checking. Somehow, with power deprivation
USB can fall over first