How make mobo beep from within application

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

How can I make the motherbeeper make a sound from within WinXP?

Sometimes I mute the XP volume control but there still some
applications for which I still want to have some sort of
notification beep. So in these cases I would like to make the mobo
beeper make a noise.

Is tere some code which will aloowme to access my mobo piezo/speaker
and get it to make a beep?

Ed

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:26:22 +0100, Sandee <sorry@no.email.please>
wrote:

>How can I make the motherbeeper make a sound from within WinXP?
>
>Sometimes I mute the XP volume control but there still some
>applications for which I still want to have some sort of
>notification beep. So in these cases I would like to make the mobo
>beeper make a noise.
>
>Is tere some code which will aloowme to access my mobo piezo/speaker
>and get it to make a beep?

Just disable sound card in device manager. ;p

Ed wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:26:22 +0100, Sandee <sorry@no.email.please>
> wrote:
>

>>How can I make the motherbeeper make a sound from within WinXP?
>>
>>Sometimes I mute the XP volume control but there still some
>>applications for which I still want to have some sort of
>>notification beep. So in these cases I would like to make the mobo
>>beeper make a noise.
>>
>>Is tere some code which will aloowme to access my mobo piezo/speaker
>>and get it to make a beep?
>

> Just disable sound card in device manager. ;p

Just print ascii 7

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

ASCII 7 = Ctrl G

Eric Furness wrote:

> Ed wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:26:22 +0100, Sandee <sorry@no.email.please>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> How can I make the motherbeeper make a sound from within WinXP?
>>>
>>> Sometimes I mute the XP volume control but there still some
>>> applications for which I still want to have some sort of notification
>>> beep. So in these cases I would like to make the mobo beeper make a
>>> noise.
>>>
>>> Is tere some code which will aloowme to access my mobo piezo/speaker
>>> and get it to make a beep?
>>

>> Just disable sound card in device manager. ;p
>>

> Just print ascii 7

JS

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

Bennett Price <bjpriceNOSPAM@itsa.ucsf.edu> wrote in

ASCII-7=bell