How make mobo beep from within application

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

How can I make the motherbeeper make a sound from within WinXP?

Sometimes I mute the XP volume control but there still some
applications for which I still want to have some sort of
notification beep. So in these cases I would like to make the mobo
beeper make a noise.

Is tere some code which will aloowme to access my mobo piezo/speaker
and get it to make a beep?
4 answers Last reply
More about make mobo beep application
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:26:22 +0100, Sandee <sorry@no.email.please>
    wrote:

    >How can I make the motherbeeper make a sound from within WinXP?
    >
    >Sometimes I mute the XP volume control but there still some
    >applications for which I still want to have some sort of
    >notification beep. So in these cases I would like to make the mobo
    >beeper make a noise.
    >
    >Is tere some code which will aloowme to access my mobo piezo/speaker
    >and get it to make a beep?

    Just disable sound card in device manager. ;p
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

    Ed wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:26:22 +0100, Sandee <sorry@no.email.please>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>How can I make the motherbeeper make a sound from within WinXP?
    >>
    >>Sometimes I mute the XP volume control but there still some
    >>applications for which I still want to have some sort of
    >>notification beep. So in these cases I would like to make the mobo
    >>beeper make a noise.
    >>
    >>Is tere some code which will aloowme to access my mobo piezo/speaker
    >>and get it to make a beep?
    >

    > Just disable sound card in device manager. ;p

    Just print ascii 7
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

    ASCII 7 = Ctrl G

    Eric Furness wrote:

    > Ed wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:26:22 +0100, Sandee <sorry@no.email.please>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> How can I make the motherbeeper make a sound from within WinXP?
    >>>
    >>> Sometimes I mute the XP volume control but there still some
    >>> applications for which I still want to have some sort of notification
    >>> beep. So in these cases I would like to make the mobo beeper make a
    >>> noise.
    >>>
    >>> Is tere some code which will aloowme to access my mobo piezo/speaker
    >>> and get it to make a beep?
    >>

    >> Just disable sound card in device manager. ;p
    >>

    > Just print ascii 7
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

    Bennett Price <bjpriceNOSPAM@itsa.ucsf.edu> wrote in

    ASCII-7=bell

Homebuilt Hardware Systems