With the router speed is 1656/856 Kbit/s
Without router it is 2064/720
What is wrong?

Boba Vancouver BC

You ahve a slow router?

Boba & Ilinka wrote:
> With the router speed is 1656/856 Kbit/s
> Without router it is 2064/720
> What is wrong?
>
> Boba Vancouver BC

Chris> You ahve a slow router?
Chris> Boba & Ilinka wrote:
>> With the router speed is 1656/856 Kbit/s Without router it is 2064/720
>> What is wrong? Boba Vancouver BC

How then will it be faster? (856 > 720, right?)

--
Arto V. Viitanen av@cs.uta.fi
University of Tampere, Department of Computer Sciences

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:21:34 +0300, Arto Viitanen
<av@cs.uta.fi> wrote:

> Chris> You ahve a slow router?
> Chris> Boba & Ilinka wrote:
> >> With the router speed is 1656/856 Kbit/s Without router it is 2064/720
> >> What is wrong? Boba Vancouver BC
>
>How then will it be faster? (856 > 720, right?)

Yep, I'd rather have the higher upload speed too, especially
since the majority of web servers can't maintain 2064 Mbps.

Nobody has asked yet, if OP is confident that the speed
tests are accurate, things like different time of day can
change the test result.

OP could use some tools to see if any packets are dropped,
the latency imposed before it gets out to the provider, and
go from there.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 04:23:36 GMT, "Boba & Ilinka"
<dojcin2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> With the router speed is 1656/856 Kbit/s
> Without router it is 2064/720
> What is wrong?

Slow router. Buy a fast router.

wrote:

>With the router speed is 1656/856 Kbit/s
>Without router it is 2064/720
>What is wrong?

Hey, I have a 3 mb connection, and sometimes that's all I get.

Try this: Get a D/L graph such as NetMeter (an excellent freeware program),
and a D/L manager. Using a "download manager" such as FLashGet or Free
Download Manager, download 2 or 3 large files at the same time. Watch the
graph, and you can see your maximum and average D/L speeds and pretty much
tell what's going on.

-- Bob