Atari Football Play Selection LEDs

I am considering building an Atari Football cab, but am wondering how
MAME handles the play selection LEDs. Do any of you have any experience
with these? Also, does anyone stock Atari volcano buttons?

-JW

On 10 Jul 2005 22:09:26 -0700, isocoma <isocoma@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am considering building an Atari Football cab, but am wondering how
> MAME handles the play selection LEDs. Do any of you have any experience
> with these? Also, does anyone stock Atari volcano buttons?
>
> -JW

I don't believe anyone stocks the volcano buttons, eBay is your best bet for
those but unfortunately they go for $$. I had read about someone possibly
repro'ing them but not sure if that ended up happening.

As for the LEDs, IIRC Mame supports that stuff through the keyboard LEDs. I am
not sure however, if the Atari Football driver utilizes this functionality.

A good site to check out that might have some answers also is
www.arcadecontrols.com.

hth,
~telengard

--
..--------------------------------------------------,--------.
|-------------------------. bsturk<AT>adelphia.net | Python |( _ _)/ /-."~
| http://www.telengard.com `------------------------`-------| `( )_ )/
| Telengard Technologies Inc. - NT/*nix UI & device drivers |_<_s_<_s
`-----------------------------------------------------------'

Cordata

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:55:53 -0500, Brian Sturk
<bsturk@news1.news.adelphia.net> wrote:

>On 10 Jul 2005 22:09:26 -0700, isocoma <isocoma@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am considering building an Atari Football cab, but am wondering how
>> MAME handles the play selection LEDs. Do any of you have any experience
>> with these? Also, does anyone stock Atari volcano buttons?
>>
>> -JW
>
>I don't believe anyone stocks the volcano buttons, eBay is your best bet for
>those but unfortunately they go for $$. I had read about someone possibly
>repro'ing them but not sure if that ended up happening.
>
>As for the LEDs, IIRC Mame supports that stuff through the keyboard LEDs. I am
>not sure however, if the Atari Football driver utilizes this functionality.
>
>A good site to check out that might have some answers also is
>www.arcadecontrols.com.
>
>hth,
>~telengard

I can't help you with volcano buttons, but I can make a suggestion for
a store that might be able to help you with something that's
equilivent...

Take a look at http://www.rselectronics.com ... Unless they've
changed how they do things, you can use their contact page to tell
them what you're looking for and they'll get back to you with what
they may have available. Or you can search their catalog online.

In my case, I'm a bit spoiled... I live a few miles from their
storefront in Michigan.

--
Cordata
http://abem.mametitles.com - alt.binaries.emulators.mame FAQ

In a parallel universe, Anti-isocoma said exactly the opposite of:

[snip]

Sorry to derail this thread, but here it goes:

Please leave out alt.games.mame in your OT posts. You cross-post to a
bunch of groups that have nothing to do with one another, and a couple of
those seem to be inhabited by idiots. We have a nice little group here
and we'd like to keep it like that, so please leave out alt.games.mame in
your list of crossposts, or I won't have any other choice than to repost
this to every single one of your posts until you get it.

Thanks.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* K.os wrote in alt.games.mame:
> In a parallel universe, Anti-isocoma said exactly the opposite of:

> [snip]

> Sorry to derail this thread, but here it goes:

> Please leave out alt.games.mame in your OT posts. You cross-post to a
> bunch of groups that have nothing to do with one another, and a couple of
> those seem to be inhabited by idiots. We have a nice little group here
> and we'd like to keep it like that, so please leave out alt.games.mame in
> your list of crossposts, or I won't have any other choice than to repost
> this to every single one of your posts until you get it.

Hmm, I think you responded to the wrong post/poster?
<1121058566.244178.52200@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>

Is the first post in this thread (the one you refd) but it is Subjected
as above and from what I can see is only posted here [agm]. I did
however catch glimpses of a thread under a different subject (or so I
thought) that definitely deserved a much more severe version of your
above, infact, I obliged but kept agm out of the cp ;)
--
David
When you're in command, command.

In a parallel universe, Anti-SINNER said exactly the opposite of:

> * K.os wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> In a parallel universe, Anti-isocoma said exactly the opposite of:
>
>> [snip]
>
>> Sorry to derail this thread, but here it goes:
>
>> Please leave out alt.games.mame in your OT posts. You cross-post to a
>> bunch of groups that have nothing to do with one another, and a
>> couple of those seem to be inhabited by idiots. We have a nice little
>> group here and we'd like to keep it like that, so please leave out
>> alt.games.mame in your list of crossposts, or I won't have any other
>> choice than to repost this to every single one of your posts until
>> you get it.
>

> Hmm, I think you responded to the wrong post/poster?
> <1121058566.244178.52200@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
>
> Is the first post in this thread (the one you refd) but it is
> Subjected as above and from what I can see is only posted here [agm].
> I did however catch glimpses of a thread under a different subject (or
> so I thought) that definitely deserved a much more severe version of
> your above, infact, I obliged but kept agm out of the cp ;)

I'm refering to Isocoma, who brought us such threads as OT - Help Educate
the Children of U.S. Soldiers That Gave Their Lives for Freedom, OT -
Hurricane Dennis and Why I Love America, and who when confronted with his
crossposting responded "I prefaced my post with "OT". Ignore, or plonk at
your will."

*-) K.os
--

"K.os" <K.osNO@SPAMvideotron.ca> wrote in

> "OT". Ignore, or plonk at your will."

I'd go so far as to plonk, but I'd get the onslaught of replies to his
messages.

Of course, then I could ignore messages xposted to more than a couple
groups, but sometimes there is actual important stuff in there.

--
Do you want a free iPod?
http://www.freeipods.com/?r=15154431

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Peale wrote in alt.games.mame:
> "K.os" <K.osNO@SPAMvideotron.ca> wrote in

>> "OT". Ignore, or plonk at your will."

> I'd go so far as to plonk, but I'd get the onslaught of replies to his
> messages.

> Of course, then I could ignore messages xposted to more than a couple
> groups, but sometimes there is actual important stuff in there.

Hmm, My server missed it entirely, or some kill file entry perhaps,
sorry bout dat.

--
David
Knowledge is power.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:31:19 GMT, Peale wrote:
> "K.os" <K.osNO@SPAMvideotron.ca> wrote in
>
>> "OT". Ignore, or plonk at your will."
>
> I'd go so far as to plonk, but I'd get the onslaught of replies to his
> messages.
>
> Of course, then I could ignore messages xposted to more than a couple
> groups, but sometimes there is actual important stuff in there.

Don't know of Xnews (k.os does, welcome back btw. :), but may be you
can kill a thread. At least I will do it after this.

F'up poster.
--
Andreas

PGP Keys available, see key servers

You are not the boss of me. I will cross-post any topics I see fit.
Find a mail reader that will either:

Block posts prefaced with "OT"

or

Block posts from "isocoma"

..

You could have made this point in one of the OP threads, but you chose
not to. Isn't a non-relevant response to a non-cross-posted topic as
bad as a cross-post?

-JW

K.os wrote:
> In a parallel universe, Anti-isocoma said exactly the opposite of:
>
> [snip]
>
> Sorry to derail this thread, but here it goes:
>
> Please leave out alt.games.mame in your OT posts. You cross-post to a
> bunch of groups that have nothing to do with one another, and a couple of
> those seem to be inhabited by idiots. We have a nice little group here
> and we'd like to keep it like that, so please leave out alt.games.mame in
> your list of crossposts, or I won't have any other choice than to repost
> this to every single one of your posts until you get it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> *-) K.os
> --
> "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
> sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
> point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
> D. N. Adams

duh, did i say mail reader? i meant ng reader :\

isocoma wrote:
> You are not the boss of me. I will cross-post any topics I see fit.
> Find a mail reader that will either:
>
> Block posts prefaced with "OT"
>
> or
>
> Block posts from "isocoma"
>
> .
>
> You could have made this point in one of the OP threads, but you chose
> not to. Isn't a non-relevant response to a non-cross-posted topic as
> bad as a cross-post?
>
> -JW
>

> K.os wrote:
> > In a parallel universe, Anti-isocoma said exactly the opposite of:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Sorry to derail this thread, but here it goes:
> >
> > Please leave out alt.games.mame in your OT posts. You cross-post to a
> > bunch of groups that have nothing to do with one another, and a couple of
> > those seem to be inhabited by idiots. We have a nice little group here
> > and we'd like to keep it like that, so please leave out alt.games.mame in
> > your list of crossposts, or I won't have any other choice than to repost
> > this to every single one of your posts until you get it.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > *-) K.os
> > --
> > "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
> > sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
> > point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
> > D. N. Adams

emacs does both, so sometimes i forget to differentiate.

The proper quote is:
"Find an editor that will either:"

That is all.

-JW

isocoma wrote:
> duh, did i say mail reader? i meant ng reader :\
>
> isocoma wrote:
> > You are not the boss of me. I will cross-post any topics I see fit.
> > Find a mail reader that will either:
> >
> > Block posts prefaced with "OT"
> >
> > or
> >
> > Block posts from "isocoma"
> >
> > .
> >
> > You could have made this point in one of the OP threads, but you chose
> > not to. Isn't a non-relevant response to a non-cross-posted topic as
> > bad as a cross-post?
> >
> > -JW
> >

> > K.os wrote:
> > > In a parallel universe, Anti-isocoma said exactly the opposite of:
> > >
> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > Sorry to derail this thread, but here it goes:
> > >
> > > Please leave out alt.games.mame in your OT posts. You cross-post to a
> > > bunch of groups that have nothing to do with one another, and a couple of
> > > those seem to be inhabited by idiots. We have a nice little group here
> > > and we'd like to keep it like that, so please leave out alt.games.mame in
> > > your list of crossposts, or I won't have any other choice than to repost
> > > this to every single one of your posts until you get it.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > *-) K.os
> > > --
> > > "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
> > > sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
> > > point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
> > > D. N. Adams

As annoying as I can be, you still cannot dictate when or where I can
post. Unless you are L. Ron Hubbard. Then you can dictate.

-JW

On 12 Jul 2005, you wrote in alt.games.mame:

> Don't know of Xnews (k.os does, welcome back btw. :), but may be you
> can kill a thread. At least I will do it after this.
>
> F'up poster.

I just changed my settings so it kills any posts xposted to more than three
groups. Solved the problem, at least for the moment.

--
Do you want a free iPod?
http://www.freeipods.com/?r=15154431

Peale's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> I just changed my settings so it kills any posts xposted to more than
> three groups. Solved the problem, at least for the moment.

I have my server set to not allow for threads from more than three, and
have tat on my client too. So I totally missed what you were talking about

"isocoma" <isocoma@gmail.com> wrote in

> You are not the boss of me. I will cross-post any topics I see fit.

Or you could just not post your OT stuff to AGM, as it appears that no one
else wants it here.
--

isocoma wrote:
> emacs does both, so sometimes i forget to differentiate.
>
> The proper quote is:
> "Find an editor that will either:"
>
> That is all.
>
> -JW
>
> isocoma wrote:
>
>>duh, did i say mail reader? i meant ng reader :\
>>
>>isocoma wrote:
>>
>>>You are not the boss of me. I will cross-post any topics I see fit.
>>>Find a mail reader that will either:
>>>
>>>Block posts prefaced with "OT"
>>>
>>>or
>>>
>>>Block posts from "isocoma"
>>>
>>>.
>>>
>>>You could have made this point in one of the OP threads, but you chose
>>>not to. Isn't a non-relevant response to a non-cross-posted topic as
>>>bad as a cross-post?
>>>
>>>-JW

A small piece of advice: Think of ng's as ongoing conversations. You
wouldn't just throw a random sentence into a chat between strangers,
would you? Proper etiquette for groups are to 1) Lurk until you are
familiar with the ng, 2) Post a reply to a message /if/ you have
something constructive to say, 3) /Only/ post [OT]'s to the group once
you are a regular. The exception to these guidelines is if you need
help. Starting a thread with a request for (on-topic) assistance is
/always/ accepted.

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

anticlimax@dextrotropicu.gw
boil@torrentfulq.mil
overcanny@closestool.grangerizee.mil
promammal@hypoplasiae.net
fictile@niggertoeu.mil

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Dead_Dad wrote in alt.games.mame:

[...]

> A small piece of advice: Think of ng's as ongoing conversations. You
> wouldn't just throw a random sentence into a chat between strangers,
> would you?

Did you see the corsspost? Of course s/h/it would.

--
David
This login session: $13.99

In a blaze of purifying white light, isocoma was heard whimpering:

> As annoying as I can be, you still cannot dictate when or where I can
> post. Unless you are L. Ron Hubbard. Then you can dictate.

As electrons converge and 0's and 1's run through a complex crystalline
network, isocoma thinks he can do whatever he wants on usenet.

Suddenly, on a LED screen the following flashes briefly:

Target evalutation completed:

Tarqet released: Worthless. Possible $cientologist Clam

When you're not good enough for a laser whomping, you know you're pretty
low.

Have a N.I.C.E.[1] day!

[1] Neurotic, Insecure, Confused and Emotional. NICE.

--

* isocoma Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> As annoying as I can be, you still cannot dictate when or where I can
> post. Unless you are L. Ron Hubbard. Then you can dictate.

s/annoying/stupid/

--
David

SINNER wrote:
> * Dead_Dad wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
> [...]
>

>>A small piece of advice: Think of ng's as ongoing conversations. You
>>wouldn't just throw a random sentence into a chat between strangers,
>>would you?
>

> Did you see the corsspost? Of course s/h/it would.

<SIGH> What can I say. I /always/ give people the benefit of a
doubt..... or a 'Trudeau Salute'. Whatever.

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

acquainted@Ephthaliteh.al
overcostly@mirrorscopee.mil
dialing@Polyangiums.gov
damp@strookenn.mil
glover@Leskeaceaek.org

> As annoying as I can be, you still cannot dictate when or where I can
> post. Unless you are L. Ron Hubbard. Then you can dictate.

Please don't post. Thanks.

Lafayette

You are no Thetan. Unless you have a relevant answer to the OP, you
should do your best to achieve, "Relevant Answer Clear".

-JW

"isocoma" <isocoma@gmail.com> wrote in news:1121485787.298647.308730
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> You are no Thetan. Unless you have a relevant answer to the OP, you
> should do your best to achieve, "Relevant Answer Clear".

And after all my hard work of setting up this farce...I mean, religion,
that's your comeback? Come on, work for it!