Closed

IPAQ 3850 doesn't recognize SD card

August 4, 2004 9:12:15 PM

Hi all,

Here are my system details:

- IPAQ 3850
- BIOS version 1.20
- Pocket PC version 3.0.11171
- ARM SA1110 processor
- 128MB SanDisk SD

I can't seem to get the SD card recognized. I've tried the "hard reset" as
suggested by Lawrence Wong at
http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=compaq+3850+sd+card+pr...

I've also downloaded and tried the Flash Format application.

In both cases the device indicates that there is no storage card detected.
I've confirmed that the card is good by trying it out in another device
(Siemens Pocket PC) and digital camera.

I'm at a loss and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, JPB
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 4:49:02 AM

"Paul Bryden" <PBryden@geo-slope.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Here are my system details:
>
> - IPAQ 3850
> - BIOS version 1.20
> - Pocket PC version 3.0.11171
> - ARM SA1110 processor
> - 128MB SanDisk SD
>
> I can't seem to get the SD card recognized. I've tried the "hard reset" as
> suggested by Lawrence Wong at

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=compaq+3850+sd+card+pr...

> I've also downloaded and tried the Flash Format application.
>
> In both cases the device indicates that there is no storage card detected.
> I've confirmed that the card is good by trying it out in another device
> (Siemens Pocket PC) and digital camera.
>
> I'm at a loss and would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thanks, JPB

Send the card back and get a different make. Sometimes some cards just won't
work in individual devices.
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 5:06:36 PM

hi there.. I also have the 3850 and 128mb san disk sd card.. It works fine
but sometimes i have to take it out and put it back in again to make it
work...

other wise my machine hangs...

just get a replacement sd card.. may be faulty..
Related resources
May 27, 2011 10:25:34 PM

I know what the problem is and I know what the solution is. How's that for confidence? Well, I buy and sell a lot of these devices used and this problem crops up every now and then. The cause is oxidation on the contacts inside the PDA. The solution is to insert and remove an SD card over and over again until the card appears in the File Explorer under My Device. This quick fix scrapes oxidation off the contacts and has never failed to work for me. If you want to do a somewhat better job, apply a little contact cleaner to the SD card contacts before inserting and removing it. Search for DeOxit. Radio Shack carries it, as do a lot of places online.

Don French
June 6, 2011 3:28:15 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!