my laptop hdd has suddenly starting developing lots of bad sectors, how is
this caused, and is there any solution ? i'm getting sick of running
scandisk

TIA

Apollo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"strawberry" <1@2.com> wrote in message
> my laptop hdd has suddenly starting developing lots of bad sectors,
> how is
> this caused, and is there any solution ? i'm getting sick of running
> scandisk

It's dying! Backup everything important and replace the drive, it could
die within hours or last for months, don't risk it, use it as little as
possible.

--
Apollo

"strawberry" <1@2.com> wrote...
> my laptop hdd has suddenly starting developing lots of bad sectors, how is
> this caused, and is there any solution ? i'm getting sick of running
> scandisk

Failure is imminent. Back up all your data and buy a new HD before it fails
completely.

"Apollo" <ian_dunbar6@hot[un-munge-me]mail.com> skrev i melding

> "strawberry" <1@2.com> wrote in message
> > my laptop hdd has suddenly starting developing lots of bad sectors,
> > how is
> > this caused, and is there any solution ? i'm getting sick of running
> > scandisk
> >

> It's dying! Backup everything important and replace the drive, it could
> die within hours or last for months, don't risk it, use it as little as
> possible.

Or do like me. Use it as much as possible to "economize" on the other disks
in my machine. Sound weird? Of course it does.

What I'm doing, is this:
The bad drive will contain following files/folders:
*TEMP -folder
*Temporary Internet Files
*Log (internet explorer. Change this in reistry)
*Recent -folder. Contains 100-eds of link files.
*Several programs have their own temporary folder. For each program, I
change that folders location to the bad drive.

Common for all the files/folders abowe, is that they doesn't contains
anything that I cannot effort to loose.