Monitor Reboots to Power Saving

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

Shuttle AN35(N) Ultra
Win XP Home SP2
On Power Options Properties, Power Schemes, I have Monitor set to Never go
off.

I previously described the behavior of my newly acquired (but used) HP
A4033A Monitor. Specs:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/archive/monitors/Hewle12.html I didn't
figure out the problem, but the monitor is usable.
Anyway, after using it for a few days, I can describe its behavior somewhat
better.

When I shutdown and reboot using another monitor, a Compaq 171FS,
everything, including the monitor, works normally.

When I shutdown and reboot using the HP A4033A, the monitor Immediately goes
into Power Saving, and I can't get it out of it by turning the monitor
switch off and on. If, however, I'm up and running on the Compaq monitor and
then I switch monitors to the HP without turning off the system, then the HP
functions normally - at least until I try to reboot.

Anybody know what's up?

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

jad

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

your refresh setting are out of wack. is the monitor PnP? and is it
described properly in display properties. A xx monitor on a xx
adapter?

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <nehmo54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Shuttle AN35(N) Ultra
> Win XP Home SP2
> On Power Options Properties, Power Schemes, I have Monitor set to
Never go
> off.
>
> I previously described the behavior of my newly acquired (but used)
HP
> A4033A Monitor. Specs:
> http://www.griffintechnology.com/archive/monitors/Hewle12.html I
didn't
> figure out the problem, but the monitor is usable.
> Anyway, after using it for a few days, I can describe its behavior
somewhat
> better.
>
> When I shutdown and reboot using another monitor, a Compaq 171FS,
> everything, including the monitor, works normally.
>
> When I shutdown and reboot using the HP A4033A, the monitor
Immediately goes
> into Power Saving, and I can't get it out of it by turning the
monitor
> switch off and on. If, however, I'm up and running on the Compaq
monitor and
> then I switch monitors to the HP without turning off the system,
then the HP
> functions normally - at least until I try to reboot.
>
> Anybody know what's up?
>
> --
> *********************
> * Nehmo Sergheyev *
> *********************

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

- JAD -
> your refresh setting are out of wack. is the monitor PnP?

- Nehmo -
How do you tell?

- JAD -
> and is it described properly in display properties.
> A xx monitor on a xx adapter?

- Nehmo -
Not really. The monitor is listed as the previous monitor, the Compaq, which
apparently was also made by HP. And the Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce2 MXMX 400
(Microsoft Corporation).

I tried using the Windows search for a new driver, but it said the one I
have is the best I have.
I found a driver on Driverguide
http://members.driverguide.com/ , but I can't seem to install it. In the
Add
Hardware Wizard, if I select HP or Hewlett Packard (there's a listing for
each), the monitor isn't
listed, although plenty of other HP products are. What am I doing wrong?

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

jad

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

ok your not doing anything wrong really. you have to go to the
manufactures website and DL the INF file for the monitor. Are you
saying the adapter is not correctly shown either? or just the
monitors. Go into safe mode and delete all the monitors listed. then
reboot.
when the monitor is picked up (hopefully its PnP) then point windows
to where you downloaded the file.

> - JAD -
> > your refresh setting are out of wack. is the monitor PnP?
>
> - Nehmo -
> How do you tell?
>
> - JAD -
> > and is it described properly in display properties.
> > A xx monitor on a xx adapter?
>
> - Nehmo -
> Not really. The monitor is listed as the previous monitor, the
Compaq, which
> apparently was also made by HP. And the Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce2
MXMX 400
> (Microsoft Corporation).
>
> I tried using the Windows search for a new driver, but it said the
one I
> have is the best I have.
> I found a driver on Driverguide
> http://members.driverguide.com/ , but I can't seem to install it.
In the
> Add
> Hardware Wizard, if I select HP or Hewlett Packard (there's a
listing for
> each), the monitor isn't
> listed, although plenty of other HP products are. What am I doing
wrong?

> --
> *********************
> * Nehmo Sergheyev *
> *********************

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc (More info?)

- JAD -
> you have to go to the
> manufactures website and DL the INF file for the monitor.

- Nehmo -
I couldn't find anything on HP's site, and I doubt there is anything. They
treat thier old procucts like step children.

- JAD -
>Are you
> saying the adapter is not correctly shown either? or just the
> monitors.

- Nehmo -
The adapter is listed as NVIDIA GeForce2 MXMX 400 (Microsoft Corporation).
How would I tell if that's incorrect?

- JAD -
> Go into safe mode and delete all the monitors listed. then
> reboot.
> when the monitor is picked up (hopefully its PnP) then point windows
> to where you downloaded the file.

- Nehmo -
How do I tell if the monitor is PnP? And if I delete all the monitors, is it
possible that the monitor, or even another monitor, wouldn't work at all
when I rebooted? And why do you need to be in save mode to do this
operation?

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

jad

http://www.christiantena.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hpmonitor/a4033a.html

> - JAD -
> >Are you
> > saying the adapter is not correctly shown either? or just the
> > monitors.
>
> - Nehmo -
> The adapter is listed as NVIDIA GeForce2 MXMX 400 (Microsoft
Corporation).
> How would I tell if that's incorrect?

If it is functioning well then its correct, maybe not the latest
however. I was referring to a name like . standard VGA adapter.

> - JAD -
> > Go into safe mode and delete all the monitors listed. then
> > reboot.
> > when the monitor is picked up (hopefully its PnP) then point
windows
> > to where you downloaded the file.
>
> - Nehmo -
> How do I tell if the monitor is PnP? And if I delete all the
monitors, is it
> possible that the monitor, or even another monitor, wouldn't work at
all
> when I rebooted? And why do you need to be in save mode to do this
> operation?

Usually when Pnp is presnt the Hardware wizard will begin. Hardware
found..'Default Pnp monitor' etc etc

The 'default' monitor' setting will be installed. and that will work
for 99% of CRT's. Safe mode will show all the monitors that have come
and gone and will clean that up.