Which non Canon ink?

Hi all,

Is there a non Canon ink that is just as fade resistant as the Canon ink, when
printing on the Photo Paper Pro which has an advertised print life of 25 years?
--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.

"BenOne©" <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a non Canon ink that is just as fade resistant as the Canon ink,
when
> printing on the Photo Paper Pro which has an advertised print life of 25
years?
> --
> Ben Thomas
> Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not
> relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither
> given nor endorsed by it.

When it comes to this subject (ink perminance) the best authority is
probably Wilhelm Labs. You can find their web site at
http://www.wilhelm-research.com/ and a good article here
http://www.wilhelm-research.com/pdf/PCWorld_Cheap_Inks_2003_10.pdf about
perminance (and how 3rd Party Inks) fall way short in this area.
While some of the 3rd party inks may be acceptable, it is the old rule of
you get what you pay for.

In article <EkxUc.29448$Bb.5264@lakeread08>, NOT@home.net (PC Medic)
wrote:

> When it comes to this subject (ink perminance) the best authority is
> probably Wilhelm Labs.

Only if you intend to display prints under nothing but fluorescent
lighting.

If you're interested in real-life longevity, I'd recommend looking at:
http://www.livick.com/method/inkjet/pg1.htm

Jon.

PC Medic wrote:
> "BenOne©" <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Is there a non Canon ink that is just as fade resistant as the Canon ink,
>
> when
>
>>printing on the Photo Paper Pro which has an advertised print life of 25
>
> years?
>
>>--
>>Ben Thomas
>>Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not
>>relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither
>>given nor endorsed by it.
>>

> When it comes to this subject (ink perminance) the best authority is
> probably Wilhelm Labs. You can find their web site at
> http://www.wilhelm-research.com/ and a good article here
> http://www.wilhelm-research.com/pdf/PCWorld_Cheap_Inks_2003_10.pdf about
> perminance (and how 3rd Party Inks) fall way short in this area.
> While some of the 3rd party inks may be acceptable, it is the old rule of
> you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the info. I didn't think there would be any long life non Canon inks.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.